Singer, songwriter, and composer Sho Kiryuuin comments: "Thank you very much for purchasing our CD m(_ _)m I truly feel how lucky and blessed we are for having people reach out and buy our CD".
Their song "Memeshikute" (released October 2009) which they performed at the 64th Kouhaku also broke into the top 100 once again since May 27 of last year (76th) as it ranked in at 58th for the week.
- なんちゃってインディーズでしょモンゴル800みたいに大儲け出来てんのか？They're just a wtf indie band, right?
Are they earning a lot like Mongol800?
All these TV appearances and such must even have a bigger promotional effect than being in a major label
- こいつらインディーズだからメジャーからCD出した一発屋とはわけが違うぞ。この間ボーカルの鬼龍院翔が半年分の印税だけで３億円入ってきて、本人が戸惑ってるとか話題になってたが、いつ消えても、もう一生食ってけるだけの金稼いでる。カラオケでも定番になってるし、もう放っておいても金入ってくる。高橋ジョージが「ロード」１曲で印税２０億円。いまだにロードの印税が年間１２００万円入ってくるって自分で言ってたが、原盤権持ってると大ヒット１曲あれば死ぬまで遊んでくらせる。These guys are an indie band so it's different from a 1-hit wonder major label artist. The vocalist Sho Kiryuuin himself was troubled that he received 300 million for royalties in just half a year. They've made headlines, but even if they disappear any time now, they've already earned enough to last them a lifetime. The song has even become a staple on karaoke, and money will keep pouring in even if they don't do anything. Even George Takahashi's song "Road" has earned him 2 billion. He says that he even earns 12 million a year to this day just because of that song. So as long as you have the rights to at least 1 major hit, you'll be able to live life luxuriously until you die.
(Related post HERE)
- 糞曲なのにパクらないとこんなもんBut it's a crappy song.
This is all they can come up with if they don't plagiarize.
They can already live out the rest of their lives just with Memeshikute's karaoke royalties
The vocalist may be alright, but what about the other members? Aren't they in danger?
- ボーカルは半端ないだろうけどダルビッシュもとんねるずに車買わされたり、物凄い羽振りいいからメンバーそれぞれ１億はもらってるのかなーThe vocalist must really be earning a lot, but even Darvish was made to buy a car on the Tunnels program and seemed to be really doing well so maybe each member's earning at least 100 million
(Related post HERE)
Golden Bomber's fun, I love them
Don't do cheap stuff like this, go sign for a major label
- 女々しくてがまた上がるなんて紅白って凄いんだなKouhaku's really amazing for making "Memeshikute" go up in sales again
I thought "Mata kimi ni bangou wo kikenakatta" was a good song
- 1枚1000円で1億5.800万円鬼龍院の取り分は、何パーや？週給1000万くらいか？If 1 album is 1000 yen, then that's 158 million.
What's the percentage of Kiryuuin's share?
Is he earning about 10 million a week?
- 女々しくてのせいで世間の評価が上がらない天才バラードがいいThey're actually geniuses but because of "Memeshikute", they're not being recognized further.
Their ballads are actually good.
- 女々しくてしか知らんが、作曲能力は桑田圭佑レベルはあると思う勝手にシンドバッドを上手く取り入れてるしMemeshikute's the only song that I know but I think his composition skills are on the level of Keisuke Kuwata.
He even incorporated Katte ni Sinbad nicely.
- 「抱きしめてシュヴァルツ」「もうバンドマンになんか恋をしない」「また君に番号きけなかった」などが好きです。アルバムも持ってる。私も母もファンだよ。I like "Dakishimete Schwarz", "Mou bandman ni koi nante shinai", "Mata kimi ni bangou kikenakatta", and others.
I have their albums. I'm a fan, along with my mom.
With handshake tickets?
- なんだ握手券かじゃ納得Oh, handshake passes.
Then I'd understand this.
- 職場にこいつらの強力なオタがいてCDに抽選で当たる握手会のハガキ入ってるらしく抽選のために数百枚買ってて余ったCD配ってて一枚貰ったわｗみんなドン引きしてたｗThere's an intense GB otaku at my workplace. It seems that there are postcards included in the albums, and she bought a few hundred copies for the raffle. She then gave away the excess CDs, I even got one w
Everyone was appalled w
- 握手券の応募ハガキつけても売れない人もたくさんいるんだから、人気のあるうちにやっとけばいいあと握手会が尋常じゃなかったのは去年ね。今年は８カ所しかやらないBut there are a lot of artists who include these raffle postcards but still can't sell CDs. They should just keep on striking while the iron is hot.
And their handshake events were insane last year. This year, they'll only be doing it in 8 venues.
It's amazing how they're able to attract buyers with these handshake events even if they're men
- まぁ世の中稼いだもん勝ちだからなAKBの握手券商法を非難してる奴らってどんな会社で働いてるんだ？接待もしない、付き合って特典もないクリーンな会社なんて数年で飛んじゃうだろCan't be helped, whoever earns more in life wins.
People who criticize AKB's handshake methods, what kind of company do you work for?
If it's a clean company that doesn't take care of their guests, nor give out any bonuses then it'll go down in a few years.
But they'll be gone soon
- そういえば昔 氣志團というバンドあったけど 今 活動してるのかな?このゴールデンボンバーも 数年後には氣志團みたいに なるのかな?Which reminds me of the band Kishidan, are they still active?
Maybe Golden Bomber will end up like Kishidan in a few years?
Will they eventually earn billions in royalties?
The amount of royalties you get will all depend on whether you possess the rights to the original or not. Take a look at Trabryu. They've gotten billions with just one single.
I thought the Kouhaku effect was amazing, but they have handshake passes, huh? So that's why they've been selling a lot even if I haven't heard the song.
- とんでもなく稼いでるからな超勝ち組と言ってもいいだろう何気にメロディーいいししゃべりも上手いまじで羨ましいThey're earning a ton.
You can call them major winners in life.
The melody's good too, and they're good at talking.
I really envy them.
Download Golden Bomber music on iTunes
Shop for Golden Bomber-related items on CDJapan
Shop for Golden Bomber-related items on YESASIA