Who will be disappearing from the spotlight in 2014 among the talents who made their break in 2013? A survey was conducted and the names that emerged on top are Minako (30) and Kiyoshi Hayashishita (48) from TV Asahi's show Tsuukai! Big Daddy, cram school lecturer Osamu Hayashi (48) and mascot Funassyi.
According to a specialist, these talents are the ones who seem to have no direction, and are just basking in the spotlight because of the "novelty" and the buzz that they have created. If they do not have anything that will endear them to the viewers, then it will be the end of the road for them.
On the January 19 episode of Akko ni Omakase!, they revealed the results of a survey they ran in Tokyo's Shibuya. First is Minako-san, 2nd is Kintaro, 3rd is model/talent Louis Kurihara, 4th is Arie Mizusawa, and 5th is track and field athlete Sou Takei. Rounding up the list are Sugi-chan, Hayashita-san, comedy duo Hamaka-n and Funassyi. There was also a panel of respondents in the studio and theymentioned Mitsu Dan, Golden Bomber, Ayame Gouriki, Natsuna, Akemi Darenogare, AKB48, ROLA, Anna Tsuchiya, and Rena Triendl.
So Funassyi's a talent?
Mitsu Dan may be putting on an act that she's stupid but she's actually intellectual, and I like her
- ＞予備校講師の林修さん（48）はっきり予備校講師って書いてるのに芸能人扱い> cram school lecturer Osamu Hayashi (48)
It's clearly indicated that he's a cram school lecturer, but he's still regarded as a celebrity?
But Mitsu Dan is much, much more useful than Minako, right? w
I got surprised by Louis Kurihara, he was actually really good in an English interview
Who's Kiyoshi Hayashishita?
- 壇蜜はそろそろブランド立ち上げそうだなあるいはエステ系ビジネス 素質はありそうMitsu Dan will probably establish her own brand soon.
Or a business in the line of aesthetics. I think she has it in her nature.
- 壇蜜は活躍の場が変わるだろうけど消えはしないだろな頭いいものMitsu Dan will just move on to a different field, but she won't disappear.
- 田舎の市なのにスーパーでふなっしーグッズ売ってて驚いた。結構売れてたし。I live in a city in the province, but I was surprised at how they had Funassyi goods being sold there.
And it was selling well.
I haven't been seeing Serina at all these days
- 元主婦を芸能人枠ってのはちょっとｗ今でしょ先生は本業に戻るだけだしなThere's something wrong with treating a "former housewife" as a talent. w
"Ima desho" sensei will just go back to his original profession.
- だん蜜は身の程をわきまえて謙虚な気がする。発言もまともで面白いし嫌な感じはしない。Mitsu Dan knows her place and is just being modest. Even her statements are decent and interesting, she doesn't seem unpleasant at all.
- スギちゃんはもう消えてなくね？好きなんだけど、トークがなあ。But can't Sugi-chan be considered as gone already?
I like the man, but his talks...
Mitsu Dan has a persona that can't be hated by both men and women
There was one point where Hannya was extremely pushed. What the heck was that about?
- スギちゃんと金太郎は２人とも愛知出身だからか、名古屋の番組で良く見かけるけどね、加藤晴彦も栗原類ってもう消えてないか？全く見かけないんだがSugi-chan and Kintaro are both from Aichi prefecture so I see them a lot on Nagoya's TV shows. That's also true for Haruhiko Kato. What about Louis Kurihara? I think he's already gone.
- ひこにゃんが正真正銘のゆるきゃらの元祖やからなふなっしー、くまもんはひこにゃん人気に便乗したいんちききゃらやからなHikonyan was the true, original yuru-kyara mascot.
Funassyi and Kumamon are just cheat mascots who just want to get on Hikonyan's popularity.
- 去年消えた芸能人教えてくれ思い出せないWhat about the talents who disappeared last year? Can you tell me who they are?
I can't seem to remember any.
- 同じようなレス多いと思うけど、壇蜜は消えないだろセクシー路線抑えていきそうなのは残念だがThere are a lot of responses like this, but Mitsu Dan won't disappear.
It is a shame though that it seems like she's limiting her sexy act from now on.
- AKBはジャニーズみたいに芸能界の一大勢力なりそうな気がして怖いわそうなったらいよいよテレビも終わりだと思うI'm scared that AKB seems to be turning into a major force within the industry, just like Johnny's.
When that happens, I think even TV would be finished.
- 今でしょは別にテレビ業界で生きていくつもりは全くないだろうし名前売りに売って金しこたま稼いで本業に戻ってって感じでＷｉｎ－ＷｉｎのフェードアウトだろI don't think that Mr. Ima desho intends to make a living from the TV industry.
He'll just keep putting his name on the map, earn all the money that he can, return to his main industry, and fade out as is. It's a win-win situation.
- キンタローはすっかり見かけなくなった気がする。水沢アリーは必要ないかと。I feel like I haven't seen Kintaro anymore.
Arie Mizusawa is unnecessary, though.
The ones who'll truly disappear are the ones who aren't even mentioned in surveys like this.
Shop for Japanese magazines on AMAZON