A portion of Arashi fans vented out their anger on the Internet once news broke out that AKB48 will be holding their concert in March 2014 at the Kokuritsu. This is because the Kokuritsu Stadium will be torn down starting July 2014, and Arashi's 2013 concert was widely reported as the "last concert at the Kokuritsu".(Related post HERE)
Sakurai was quick to notice this and comment on a sports newspaper.
He was asked the question, "Which scenery has left a lasting impression on you?", to which he replied, "The Kokuritsu. We were able to hold our concert there right after it was announced that the Olympics will be held in Tokyo, and it was huge that we got to light the torch. I want AKB48-san and many other artists to witness that scenery".
This comment received a lot of positive comments, not only from Arashi fans but AKB fans as well. Some comments were:
"That's Sakurap for you!"
"Thank you Sakurai!"
"What a good guy."
"Let's have him as our next theater manager!"
Some people called this a "mature" response from Sakurai who tried to pacify the Arashi-fans, and drew a comment like,
"What an ikemen. He's even an ikemen inside. I admit total defeat to this guy".
With AKB48's performance scheduled on March 29 and 30, and Momoiro Clover also announcing their Kokuritsu concert dates on March 15 and 16, Arashi fans were quick to vent out their frustrations: "The Kokuritsu is Arashi's sacred grounds", "I thought Arashi's was the final concert to be held at the Kokuritsu", and "Think about the feelings of Arashi's fans".
Arashi will no longer hold the prestigious title of being the last artists to perform at the Kokuritsu, as Arashi's legend will come to an end. Here's to hoping that Sakurai's words have somewhat calmed the Arashi fans down.
It's just that those Arashi fans are crazy
- 大人も子供もあるかよｗ嵐が所有してるわけでもないのにｗThere's no childish or mature responses here w
That doesn't even belong to Arashi w
But isn't being the "first" more prestigious than being "the last"?
Even Arashi had to resort to doing this after all the trouble the Arasicks/Arachics/Araschicks have caused, huh
- 「嵐ファンの思いを考えろ」頭おかしいだろｗ"Think about the feelings of Arashi's fans"
They must be crazy w
It must really be tough if you have these crazy fans since you even need to give out comments about things like this w
- >嵐ファンの思いを考えろ知らんがな(´・ω・｀)>"Think about the feelings of Arashi's fans"
Who cares (´・ω・｀)
- いやいやおかしいだろwwなんでもともと自分たちのものみたいなコメントなんだwThis is so wrong ww
Why are they commenting like it belongs to them? w
Everything up to this point is according to the script
- 「俺らの国立競技場を譲ってやるよ」って感じのコメントに見えるんだがThe comment also looks to me like:
"We'll let you have our Kokuritsu stadium"
- なんでそんな嵐の持ち物みたいな事を言うの？嵐のメンバーの上から目線なコメントが気持ち悪いお前らが最初にやったわけでもないだろWhy is it being spoken of like it belongs to Arashi?
Even the Arashi member's comment is gross, it's like he's looking down on them.
It's not as if you guys were the first ones to set foot in there.
- まぁアケカスシステムはいずれ崩壊するだろうから嵐ヲタは余裕綽々だけどな女性を味方につけてんだしアケカスは一部のきも男連中からの支持がほとんどだしWell, the Akekasu system will be destroyed eventually so the Arashi wotas are just sitting pretty.
They've got the women as their allies, while the Akekasu are only a section of these gross old men.
Jani-wotas: "We want the AKB-wotas to see the scenery that we have witnessed"
Is that your house? w
Well, Arasicks are seriously insane. Insane people who have gone over the boundaries of humanity.
People can make arguments about that, but I witnessed the Shinjuku dick-lick incident up-close so anything said will have no convincing power to me.
(Related post HERE)
- メディアでも“嵐が国立でライブを行う最後のアーティスト”と報じられて話題になった。先走ったメディアが一番悪いEven the media reported that Arashi were going to be the last artists to perform at the Kokuritsu, and it actually became news.
It's the media's fault for jumping the gun.
Such a crazy argument from both sides, I can't really comprehend it anymore
I don't need these gori-oshi AKBs anymore
- メンバーにこんな気遣いまでさせるとか・・・嵐ファンも、メンバーにまでこんな迷惑かけるなよなｗI can't believe that even the members have to show this kind of consideration...
I hope these Arashi fans would stop causing trouble to the members w
AKB's totally being treated like they're of lower standing ww
And if Sakurai said something like "I'm sad and disappointed that Arashi isn't the last", people will just call him petty, right w
- ファンがギャーギャー騒いでるだけだからな嵐的には最後の国立なんてどうでもいいんだろIt's just that their fans are making all the noise.
I don't think Arashi even cares about being the last to perform at the Kokuritsu.
Amazing! Arashi's like the royalty of the industry, huh!! www
- 櫻井が気の毒だわ馬鹿なキチガイヲタの為に火消ししなきゃいけないんだもんI feel sorry for Sakurai.
He has to go out extinguishing the flames just for the sake of their crazy wotas.
That's such a mature reaction from Sakurap
I always thought that AKB wotas were the craziest ones, but it looks like the Arashi-otas are number one, eh w
- 櫻井松本あたりはプライド高いから口ではいい事言ってても、内心悔しがってそうだなI think that Sakurai and Matsumoto have very high pride so they might say nice things like this, but I get the feeling that they're really disappointed deep inside.
Low-IQ fans who are chuckled at by Sakurai
Let's go to the Comiket
- 嵐信者は嵐本人に梯子外された格好か超だせえなSo it's like Arashi themselves removed the ladder that these Arashi fans have been using.
That's so lame.
- こんなことも言わなきゃならんのか嵐ファンはマジキチだなHe even has to say something like this?
Those Arashi fans really are crazy.
But he's honestly cool. It's like he's so used to taming all these thousands of monsters.
But saying that it's the end of their legend is exaggerating it ...w
So even Arashi's afraid of the Arasicks, huh w
Shop for Sho Sakurai-related items on CDJapan
Shop the Arashi store on AMAZON