AKB has always had the concept of "idols you can meet", but this new team will be "idols who will come to meet you" as they will be travelling around the nation to meet their fans.
They will be kicking off their activities at Akihabara's AKB48 Theater, and will be making their rounds to perform all around the nation, and increase the amount of provincial tours. This "come to meet you" concept is supported by Toyota, a first time for AKB where a team will be fully supported by a corporation.
General Manager Minami Takahashi comments: "AKB48 definitely needs to inject some fresh, new blood. I want girls to try and make that step forward and grab this opportunity. Together, let's all deliver smiles to the people". Team K captain Yuko Oshima comments: "As we will literally be gathering the best from all over the nation, I hope this will help rouse up Japan as a country".
However, it seems that they have left the tour where they said that they "will come and meet the fans" up in the air
- Until when are these guys going to keep up with their frauds?
The thread would've probably gotten longer if they included "full backup from Toyota" on the thread title
But I bet that they're just going to put a girl from the Toyota clan as the center, right?
- デリバリーアイドル略してデリドル濁音多くて流行りそうDelivery idols a.k.a. Delidol (Deridoru)
That's got a lot of syllables, and I think it will become popular
Just how much further are they planning to expand?
- うちの娘応募させよかな四国のど田舎県だから倍率は低いはずただ一番の問題は客観的に見ても残念な・・・いや俺は世界一可愛いと思ってるMaybe I should let my daughter join the auditions.
I live in a remote prefecture in Shikoku so she might have a high chance.
But the biggest problem is that people around would say that she's got a disappointing....
Uhm, I personally think that she's the cutest girl in the world, though.
- しかしこいつらはどんだけ人数増やせば気が済むんだろうか握手会地獄でまともに面倒見てもらえるわけでもないのになJust how much more do they have to grow in number for them to become satisfied?
There's no way that they'll be properly looked after, what with the handshake hell that awaits them.
- で売れたら会いにはいきませんけどね売れるまでステマよろしくお願いします。ってことだ...And they won't be coming to meet you anymore once they become popular.
It just means
"Please keep on stealth marketing for us until we become popular."
Hey, you guys, isn't it about time to finish off AKB?
- 攻めの一手だなこれでこそＡＫＢだよIt's just all out attack from their side.
This is how AKB is.
- ドサ回り要員ですかなんか期間限定くさい即席感だがどの程度のが集まるのかねDedicated roving team, huh.
It still reeks of that limited-edition, impromptu kind of thing, but I wonder how many people they'll be able to gather.
- 大島とか年取ったやつが卒業していく一方だからなんか必死で色んな事やってるなまあもう長くはないだろThey seem desperate and are experimenting with stuff since the girls who have gotten older like Oshima will be graduating.
I guess they don't have that much time left ahead of them.
I can see a stupid local self-governing body using money here
Ahhh.. So this will yet again give birth to 47 assuming girls.
And another money-making machine will be set in motion
- 要するに昨日まで素人だった子をＡＫＢですって全国ツアーやらせるんだろ？さすがにアホなＡＫＢヲタでも怒るだろWhich means that these amateurs until yesterday will say "We're AKB" and go on a nationwide tour?
Wouldn't this make even the dumb AKB-wotas mad?
Idoling ＼(^o^)／ is finished
If it's 1 girl per prefecture, then there will be quite a huge disparity in the odds among each prefecture
I don't really hate AKB, but I'm getting the feeling that this is the beginning of the end for them
Shop for AKB48-related items on CDJapan
Shop for AKB48 Fans Collection on YESASIA
Shop the AKB48 store on AMAZON