Yeah, yeah Koukai Shokei*, Koukai Shokei, Koukai Shokei
* King Giddra's (ZEEBRA) song, literally means "public execution", dissing Dragon Ash and Rip-Slyme
- 本当に人気あったのか？古谷一行のコネでゴリ推されただけだろWere they really popular?
They were just overpushed due to the connection with Ikko Furuya, right?
Because they haven't been coming up with good songs
That was a time when hip-hop still sounded fresh
Were they even popular?
I liked them before they started imitating ZEEBRA and his hoarse voice
But the fanbase of these guys is...
Because they stopped doing cheap imitations
- 昔とずいぶん変わったなあ。Their style really changed.
It just sounds like modern day music, sounds boring.
- 偶に地味にいい曲を出してるけど、衰退してからは良い曲を出しても広まらないから負のループThey come out with good songs every once in a while, but they seem to have been trapped in a negative loop once they started declining, as those good songs don't even become hits
Come to mention it, kj was in a taiga drama once, right?
Because Zeebra dissed them and they ran away, crying
- まぁでも最近のワンオクだかセカオワだかアンドロップだかのどれも似たような垂れ流しのロック？よりはましだわWell, I do think that they're better than these crappy rock(?) bands that sound alike these days, like WanOku, SekaOwa, and Androp
Maybe because they didn't live too "pop" enough despite changing their musical style a lot
Because Zeebra-san snapped when they started imitating him
My image is that they were absorbed by EXILE
- こいつらが活躍してた時の方が今の嵐akbよりはましだったろ。洋楽マンセーして自国のものを育てず叩きまくった結果がこれI think the period when these guys were in the limelight was much better than the current Arashi and AKB trend we have now.
This is the result of overpraising Western music without properly letting our own music develop.
- 出てきた時は本当に音楽の流れを変えたここ暫くは元気がないけど、まぁ、流行り廃りだから仕方ないThey really did change the music scene when they came out.
They haven't been making waves these days, but things come and go, that's how it is.
- 中途半端にヒップホップ化しようとしたせい1995年くらいの「バンドやろうぜ」ですでにHIOHOPを取り入れたいって言ってたし先見性はあったせっかく日本人好みのミクスチャーをつくりあげたのにヒップホップに歩み寄りすぎたからダメになったんだと思う自分らで「ヒップホップとパンクの融合」だって言ってたのにそっちをもうちょい頑張ればよかったと思う終わり方すげーださかったしねジブラとかとのアレBecause they just tried to go hip-hop half-a$$edly.
They did say back in 1995's Band Yarouze that they wanted to infuse Hip-hop elements so they already knew the direction they were heading to.
To think that they already had the mixture that Japanese people like, I think that moving too much towards hip-hop was their downfall.
They already said that they were the fusion of hip-hop and punk, they should've gone along that line a bit longer.
Their end was really so lame too.
Yeah, I'm talking about that incident with ZEEBRA.
- 日はまたのぼりくりかえすって曲がロックにラップやスクラッチ等のヒップホップテイストを加えたことでヒットした目新しかったからねそこからヒップホップに傾倒して爆発的に売れるGratefuldays～Deepimpactあたりが絶頂期ファンタジスタもかなり売れたSummerTribeという曲でジブラの真似をしてるとジブラ自身からdisられて尊敬していた相手からの反応に萎えてしまってヒップホップ卒業ラテンロックやったりたまにラップ調の歌詞があったり、謎のダンサー2人加入したりで今何やってるかいまいち良く分からない1998年～2002年ぐらいまでは間違いなく売れてたThe song "Hi wa mata nobori kurikaesu" had rock, rap, and scratches and became a hit.
It sounded really fresh back then.
Then they devoted themselves to hip-hop and their sales exploded.
Their peak was from "Gratefuldays" to "Deepimpact".
"Fantasista" sold quite a lot too.
And then they imitated Zeebra with the song "SummerTribe". Then Zeebra himself dissed them. They suddenly lost the will because of this reaction from their idol, and eventually graduated from hip-hop.
Then they started doing Latin rock, still put some rap elements to their songs, and even included 2 mystery dancers in there.. I really didn't know where they were headed to.
But they were undoubtedly popular from 1998-2002.
- ジブラがただのクソガキだったんだよこのジャンルを日本に広めたのは紛れもなくmcATとこいつらそれでも驕らずにジブラさんマンセーしてたのにちょっと真似されただけでブチギレこいつらいなかったらどこのシマウマよってレベルだったのに全部ぶち壊したZEEBRA was just a damn spoiled brat.
mcAT and these guys were undoubtedly the ones who made this genre known to Japan.
But even still, they didn't get full of themselves and praised ZEEBRA. Then ZEEBRA gets pissed off when he was imitated a bit.
This guy just destroyed everything. If it weren't for them, people would just wonder who this black and white striped fellow is.
- ジブラよりラップよかったよね歌もだけど地声かなりいいHis rapping was better than ZEEBRA's.
Even his singing was good, he really has a good voice.
- ラテンぶっこんできたのはマジで笑ったこりゃもうダメだと思ったら本当にダメになったI seriously LOL'd when they started fusing Latin music.
I thought, "uh-oh, this is it", for them, and that's really what happened.
- 車で聴くと気持ちいい曲が多いThey have a lot of songs that are really nice to listen to in the car.
「Let yourself go,Let myself go 」はすごくいい
"Let yourself go, Let myself go" is really good.
Why did Orange Range suddenly lose momentum?
- buzzsongsってまだ10代の頃のアルバムだろ？すげぇよbuzzsongs was an album when they were still in their teens, right?
- 深夜ローカルの音楽番組とかでトーク部分で古谷だけが出演してなかったりした。良くも悪くも親の七光りから逃れられないんだろ。There were times when Furuya was the only member who didn't appear during the talking portions of some local late-night music shows. Be it a good thing or a bad thing, he just couldn't get away from the fame of his father.
Because he sang while holding the mic upside down
- この人ほど本物なのか偽物なのかモヤモヤする人もいないだが16歳のクソガキが陽はまたのぼりくりかえすを作って来たあの時降谷は間違いなく天才だったThere's not another artist who makes me confused if he's the real deal or not. But back in the day, when that 16-year-old brat created "Hi wa mata nobori kurikaesu", I thought that Furuya truly was a genius.
- ジーブラはKJとプロレスしたかったんだろうが事前に打ち合わせしとけばもうちょっと違った展開もあったんだろう。ZEEBRA probably wanted to wrestle it out with KJ, but if they only talked about it beforehand, things would've probably been a bit different
- ジブラさん普通に落ち込んでるからな別に降谷傷付けようとしたんじゃなく、シーンを2人で盛り上げようぜ！って合図だったのに降谷が壮絶に勘違いしてビビって逃げた為、ジブラさんがなんか若いアーティストを潰したみたいな後味悪い結末にZEEBRA-san was actually pretty depressed about it.
He didn't intend to hurt Furuya, that was his way of saying to him, "Let's rouse up the hip-hop scene together!".
Furuya totally got the wrong idea and ran away, so it just looked like ZEEBRA-san crushed a young artist.
They were like fashion items. They were fated to be thrown away once the fad passes.
- MEGUMIと結婚したり変なダンサー入れたからだろいいともで一つも花が来なくてタモリも客も静かにしてたなBecause he married MEGUMI and incorporated those weird dancers.
And when she didn't get a single flower on Iitomo, both Tamori and the audience were quiet.
And their new song, well, it's not interesting at all. It sounds too common.
- 新曲普通すぎてスケボーキングのエピソード５はすごいかっこよかったのにThe new song sounds too ordinary
Skateboard King's Episode 5 was really good, though
- スリーピースでやってた頃が最高にイカしてたのになぁ。陽はまた昇りとか、under age's song辺りは神がかってた。今は、なんだかよく分からん。They were really the coolest when they were just a 3-piece band.
"Hi wa mata nobori" and "under age's song" were godly.
I just don't get what kind of band they are now.
- 狭いファン層をさらに露出少なすぎやら路線変更やらMEGUMIに中田氏とかそんなで信者もどうでも良くなったんだろ他にもあるしBecause they already had a lean fanbase, but with lower exposure, changing genres, and knocking MEGUMI up, the fans just stopped caring about them.
There are other reasons too.
You really shouldn't seclude the fans
- 最近CD出してたじゃん普通のバンドになってたThey came out with a CD recently.
They just turned into an ordinary band.
- ファンタジスタは至高フェスでDA出るならこれを聞きにいく百合の咲く場所でもなかなかいいあとは知らね"Fantasista" is the best.
If DA performs at a music festival, I'd go there to listen to this song.
"Yuri no saku basho de" is also pretty good.
I don't know the rest.
But when I learned that they totally ripped off the chorus of "Fantasista" from a foreign song, I lost interest
They're not as popular as they used to be, but I feel that they're enjoying being in a band more these days
Shop for Dragon Ash-related items on CDJapan
Shop for Dragon Ash-related items on YESASIA