The Anime Mirai project, which kicked off in 2010, called for original animated features from anime production houses within the country. The 4 companies which were selected will then proceed to develop their animators with potential for the future and create an original short-featured anime. This year, Ultra Super Pictures, A-1 Pictures, Shinei Animation, and STUDIO4℃ were chosen, and are currently working diligently on the project.
Nishikawa, a huge anime fan, talked about Kuro no su -Chronos-, which is animator Naoyuki Onda's first shot at directing an anime: "Onda-san has worked on the animation for all these historical animes from Sunrise. Of the recent ones, I especially loved Psycho-Pass. It was a work of art.". As Nishikawa started to talk in detail about the anime, Nishikawa told the people in attendance who were not able to follow his talk: "I'm getting so happy and worked up just talking about anime. You guys are too quiet!".
(Continued after the jump)
TM Revolution will be turning 43 this year, yo ww
I thought it was Ametalk or something
- そりゃそうだろアニソン歌手を確立すれば大儲けはないが末永く稼げるからなビジュアル系で若い頃ヒットしてもおっさんになれば落ちぶれるヤツがほとんどだからなイザムとかWell of course, once you establish yourself as an anisong singer, you might not be able to earn insane amounts but at least you'll keep on earning steadily for a long time. Most visual-kei guys who were able to generate hits when they were young will just decline once they become old. Like Izam.
- 萌えアニメだけは無理鳥肌たつよ、あれはI just can't stand Moe~ anime shows.
Those things give me goosebumps.
I'd like to try imitating TMR, but it might be really troublesome when typhoons will actually come
- もうロックの要素ないよなハナからないと言われればそれまでだけどHe has no more rock elements whatsoever.
Well, that's that though if he says that he's never had it in the first place.
TM-san must be so desperate since he's now clinging onto the anime industry
- 40超え？うちの親父殿は60超えで深夜アニメ片っ端から録画してみているぞHe's over 40?
My dad is over 60, records all these late night animes, and watches each and every one of them, you know.
Nishikawa is the pride of the ani-otas
- なんか、○○芸能人枠でテレビ出るためにみんな必死だよねｗｗｗｗｗそのくせジャンプやマガジンみたいな有名少年誌のビックタイトルとかしか知らないんだよなAll these celebrities now are so desperate about going on TV as "the celebrity who likes ___ or who's a specialist in ____"
But in reality, all they know are the big titles from these popular shonen manga publications like Jump and Magazine.
- 西川の歌だけはガチ声量もすごいNishikawa's singing is really amazing.
The volume of his voice is amazing too.
- 本当はアニメより女性タレントの方が好きなビジネスアニオタのくせにBut he's just a "business ani-ota" who actually prefers female talents to anime
- 目指せ水木一郎！の人だからな。Because he's the guy who's aiming to become Ichiro Mizuki after all.
Nishikawa-sensei isn't "clinging on" to anime, he's always been an otaku
- 深夜アニメ含むアニメを全部録画して一話を見てこれは継続これは切るなんてやってる人がビジネスオタクなわけないだろう(´・ω・｀)自他共にアニヲタな俺でもそこまでやってねーよｗｗｗThere's no way that a person who records all animes including the late night ones and watches all first episodes then decides which he'll keep watching and which he'll abandon is just a "business otaku".
Other anime otakus, myself included, don't go that far www
- 人間性はともかく西川は歌は上手４３歳であれだけ声量があり、ピッチもぶれないのは西川だけ。西川の歌唱力は認めてる。Personality aside, Nishikawa is a good singer.
Nishikawa's the only 43-year-old who can sing with that volume without going off pitch.
I approve of his singing ability.
- 戦国なんたらのCDジャケットﾜﾛﾀSCANDALは似てるけど西川美化されすぎI LOL'd at the Sengoku whatchamacallit CD jacket.
SCANDAL looks like the real things but Nishikawa was too beautified in that one.
Nishikawa's just earning through anime, but he himself isn't an ani-wota
- ラルクや西川のCMアニソン何でもやります的なスタンスは好感持てるわ一方駆け出しのくせに女優にアニソンやりたくないって活動休止したユイとか勘違いバカがいたなI like L'Arc and Nishikawa's stance of "We'll do anything from commercial songs to anime songs".
On the other hand, there was this fool called YUI who took a "hiatus" because she didn't want to be an actress nor do anime songs, despite being a startoff.
- 一方足立梨花は今季何見てますか、と聞かれてその季節に始まったアニメの過半数を答えたOn the other hand, when Rika Adachi was asked, "What anime are you watching this season?", she answered over half of the animes that started during that particular season
- 有名どころから、はなかっぱみたいなNHK5分アニメまで抑えてる奴がビジネスオタクなわけないだろwデビュー時はインタビュー記事でアニオタで今はエスカフローネ好きってあった時はむしろ心配したわw当時アニオタはまだ嫌悪される時代だったからなそれが擦り寄ってると言われる日が来るとは…There's no way that a person like him who knows things from the major stuff to even NHK's 5-minute anime Hanakappa is a "business otaku". I was actually worried at his debut interview when he said that he's an anime otaku who likes Escaflowne w
Those were still the times when anime otakus were hated. To think that the day would come when people will say that he's just hanging onto anime.
- この人の性格だとさぞかし女にモテるだろうと思う上手いよI do think that this person is pretty popular with the ladies, especially with this kind of personality.