- I watched this and it made me LOL
- That's cute
- Well, he is better than Nishikori
- It's pretty easy to understand because of his Japanese accent
- His pronunciation is really satisfactory.
- I can't hold in my LOLs with that slight stretch that he does when he speaks
- Never mind his pronunciation. I find his gradeschooler-like mannerisms so cute.
- He just speaks like a regular Japanese.
- He's got decent command of the language.
- My oh my!
- I thought his English was easy to listen to, so it was good.
- Ummmmm, it feels like he's just reading a script prepared for him.
- My oh my!
- This is how a Japanese guy normally speaks English.
- He's actually one of those who are pretty good.
- It's easy to listen to (but that doesn't mean I understand it)
- Rather, Griffey made it into the hall of fame!?
- That's what's more surprising to me.
- What the heck is up with that "My oh my" at the end?
- Yeah, I get now why he needs an interpreter.
- It's actually pretty decent.
- He's looking at the camera and he's reciting the words well.
- Icchi's great.
- You were my hero growing up.
I have always admired you.
In 2009, my dream finally came to true, and I got to be your teammate.
Our time together was brief, but I will always remember it.
I know you don't like The Yunkees
But I hope you will accept my Congulatirations on getting into the Mariners follow fame.
Congulatirations to my hero and great owner.
- Ichiro's great at reading and writing English. I saw a video where he was writing quickly and I was amazed by it.
- It's faster than Japanese.
- I'm relieved that Ichiro can actually speak it decently.
- I was so appalled when I heard Matsui speak w
- I think even Matsuzaka can speak this much.
- You guys might be making fun of him, but I think he's practicing his pronunciation a lot.
- When you talk in TOEIC terms, must be around 480 points.
- You just need to be able to converse properly; you don't need to speak college-level English.
- Middle-school English is enough.
- He must have practiced hard with Yumiko the previous day.
- Who cares about the pronunciation.
- As long as people get his message, "Congrats Griffey!", then it's all good.
- But didn't a youngster from Seattle say last year that he didn't speak much with Ichiro since he can't speak English that well?
- It must probably be on a daily conversational level.
- Oh no, Kawasaki-san will get mad.
Shop Nikkan Sports Shopping on RAKUTEN for rare collectibles!
Shop for all things 'baseball' on YESSTYLE