Some comments on the Internet:
"The number of MisChil fans who even brought s their own seats and mats to camp out far exceeds what anyone could have imagined...""The fans who camped out at the front were just standing still there when Smashing Pumpkins came on. Even Billy Corgan made a sarcastic remark by saying 'Thank you for the warm reception'. It was really sad."
Music reporter Tomonori Shiba comments:
"Mr. Children was just framed unnecessarily here, but it really wasn't that bad based on what I saw in the Tokyo leg of the festival. This 'Jizo' phenomenon occurs even with other acts and artists. The fans of the big-time acts are not used to how to act properly during these festivals. Most of them are probably attending the festival because they weren't able to secure tickets for their favorite group's own concerts. That means that they're not interested in any other artists, which lead to them just standing there, looking indifferent during their performances. There are also a lot of fans who don't use SNS, don't interact with other fans, which leads to them going into their own little world, thinking that they're having a one on one session with the band. These fans are not aware that their behavior ultimately lead to how the public will view the band, which will eventually draw criticisms from other music fans who are used to attending music festivals like this. In the case of Mr. Children, this kind of behavior was only seen during the first day of the festival in Osaka, and not so much on the second day in Tokyo. Some fans might have become aware that their actions have been drawing some flak through various SNS."
"One way to avoid such predicaments is for the band leader or spokespersons of these artists to make their fans aware of this and tell them to give the other artists respect, and spread this to each and every one. There are actually a lot of musicians who do that, like Masafumi Goto of Asian Kung-fu Generation among others. Actually, MisChil's song 'World Ends' is said to have been influenced by the Smashing Pumpkin's 'Tonight, Tonight'. Opting to play that as their first song for the Osaka leg of the festival might have been Sakurai-san's way of paying respect to the band. But unfortunately, it seems that his feelings were not able reach a portion of their fans."
- ミスチルは身内主催の夏のフェスに慣れてるつもりでいたから危機感が無かったのかねThe Mr. Children fans probably felt that they were used to the summer festivals organized by their own camp so they had no sense of danger here.
- 正直、フェスにミスチル呼ぶのが間違ってるようなI honestly feel that it's a mistake to include MisChil in the lineup of festivals like this
- 矢沢永吉はRIJ出るとき、ファンが占拠するコト考慮してわざわざトップバッターで出たんだよなEikichi Yazawa probably thought about his fans camping out in Rock In Japan and decided to perform first to avoid that situation.
- まー洋楽自体オワコンだからなーミスチルやももクロ目当てのファンを入れないとチケットがまともに売れないんだろうBut Western music's already washed up.
They won't even be able to sell tickets if they don't include MisChil or MomoClo in the lineup.
- お前らが必死に最前キープしてなくても殆どの人はそんなにファンじゃないから大丈夫だよって言っても聞かないんだろうなI don't think these jizo fans will even listen when you tell them,
"It's alright, most of the fans here aren't hardcore fans anyway so you don't have to camp out in the front rows".
- ももクロのファンも地蔵だけどなMomoClo fans are campers too
- 205 ： 魔神風車固め(チベット自治区)：2013/08/12(月) 03:56:09.65 ID:yQCNZpYlP>>153http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~r17953/impre/Other/LIVE/ZZUDO/41.jpgス ｗｗ テ ｗｗｗ ー ｗ ジ ｗ 前 ｗｗ に ｗ テ ｗｗｗｗ ン ｗｗ ト ｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗA tent in front of the stage wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
- スマパンがミスチルファンを圧倒するパフォーマンスができてれば問題無いんだけど今のスマパンじゃ難しいんだろうなThere probably wouldn't have been any problems if only Smashing Pumpkins put on a show that rocked the socks off these MisChil fans, but I don't think the current SP is capable of doing that.
- こういうのババアどもだろ男はちゃんと空気呼むしねThis is only done by the grannies, right?
I think men are more considerate to the other concert-goers.
- それだけミスチルのファンが多かっただけじゃんなんら問題無しThat just goes to show how many MisChil fans there are out there.
No problems there whatsoever.
- ミスチルのファンてスマパンも知らんような連中だろ邦楽だけやってるステージに押し込めときゃいいのに主催者に問題ありだわMisChil fans probably don't even know about the Smashing Pumpkins.
They should have just put them on a Japanese band-only stage.
The organizers are also at fault here.
- 一番最初にミスチル持ってくれば良かったのにな前に甲子園でジャニーズ呼んだのと同じようにさThey should have put Mr. Children up first.
Like how they put Johnny's up first at the Koushien.
- 何故起きた？って書くと予測不能の出来事だったっぽく見えるけどミスチルがサマソニ出演でこうなると思った人のが多いだろｗPeople are blowing this up, asking "Why did this happen?", as if it was something that couldn't be predicted.
But I bet a lot of people have already anticipated this would happen the moment MisChil was called to perform at Summer Sonic.
- フェスで次の演奏の為に最前列で場所取りなんて畜生行動は普通取らねえよｗなぜこいつらだけ倫理破綻しているのかNo one would normally take dumb actions like camping out in front during the preceding act's performance at festivals like this.
Why the heck are these people violating etiquette?
- ミスチルは自前のフェスもあるんでファンが慣れてないイメージはなかったんだがなあMisChil organize their own festivals, right?
I imagine that their fans are supposed to be used to events like this.
- 音楽が好きなら、ノリノリまで行かなくても身体揺らすぐらいしないもんかな音楽好きなんじゃなくてミスチルが好きなだけなのかIf you like music, you'd at least move your body, even if you're not totally into the groove.
So these guys don't like music, they're just into MisChil, huh?
- というか日本にはライブ文化がないと思うあれは欧米のものだろサッカーや野球の観戦の仕方も本場の方がかっこよくてお洒落だしなI just don't think Japan understands the culture of these festivals very well.
These came from the West, right?
Even soccer and baseball game watching are much better over there.
- ミスチルを頭にもってくればいいだけだろ。They should've just put MisChil at the start
- じゃあ、最前列で観たい場合どうしたら良いの？模範解答は？最善の回答が前のアーチストのときから場所取りなんじゃないの？Then what would you do if you want to watch in the front rows?
Any suggested answers, then?
The best answer would still be camping out and securing a spot while the preceding artist is performing, right?
- これは韓流地蔵ってやつか痴漢されたって言ってるやつもいるらしいけど・・This is the hallyu jizo.
I heard that some complained that they were molested though...
- スマパンの動員数ってどんくらいなの？武道館埋まるかね？せいぜい8000人くらいじゃねHow many people will the Smashing Pumpkins be able to gather? Can they even fill the Budokan? Might only be around 8,000 people, right?
- ミスチルファンが居ないとスマパンの観客悲惨なことになってたと思うぞスマパンもMUSEもマウンテンでやってくれりゃ良かったそしたらミスチルだけ隔離できたのにI think that Smashing Pumpkins' stage would have looked so lonely and miserable if it wasn't for these MisChil fans.
Smashing Pumpkins and MUSE should've just performed at the Mountain.
They would have been able to isolate MisChil by doing that
- 昔だけどB'zのときもかなりひどかったけどなまだ時間が早かっただけマシ邦楽のアーティストって観客をあおるの下手くそだもんファンがいつまでたってもバカだし耳が腐ったままもう洋楽アーティストが出るフェスにくんなよどうせMUSEもみてないんだろ…It was also horrible with B'z a while back.
At least that one was still at an earlier time slot.
Japanese music artists aren't good at working the crowd.
The fans all remain stupid, and their ears remain rotten.
Don't ever come to festivals that have foreign acts anymore.
You guys didn't even watch MUSE...
- ミスチルのファンとスマパンのファンって同世代くらいじゃね？MisChil fans are probably the same age as SP fans, right?
- アドアくらいしか知らないがこのメンツだとむしろスマパンを見てみたいミスチルのライブって腕ふったりぼーっとみたりすんの？ならやべえ……I only know Adore, but I actually want to watch SP in this lineup.
So people just wave their hands or look on dumbfoundedly during MisChil concerts?
- ほい椅子チルHere you go, "IsuChil" (Isu = chair)
- ていうかミスチルのライブの最中ってどうしてるんだ？手拍子？What do they do during MisChil's stage? They clap in unison?
- ミスチルやももクロ呼ばないとチケットが売れないってのは、なんだろうな。来てくれることはないだろうけど、もうこうなったらストーンズかThe who呼べよ。ペイジプラントでもいいIt's so sad that they can't even sell tickets if not for MisChil or MomoClo.
But since things have become like this, why don't the organizers call the Stones or The Who? Though we know they won't be coming.
Page/Plant would be good too.
- 客の質落ちまくりだなもう辞めちまえThe quality of these concert-goers sure has gone down.
- 去年だかのレッチリだとかXファンは陣取りはしなかったの？それとも知らん人にもノッてあげてたの？What about in previous years, didn't RHCP or X fans camp out in the front rows?
Or did they get worked up too with other acts?
- ミスチルの後のMUSEは客が減ったらしいなwミスチルファンは興味ないだろうしなI heard MUSE didn't have a lot of fans in attendance after MisChil finsihed their set.
They probably don't care about anyone else other than MUSE.
- 主催者側のプログラムも悪いんじゃね。There must be a problem with the organizers and the program as well.
- 熱狂的なファンって他のものに興味ないから仕方ないDie-hard fans aren't interested in anything else, it can't be helped.
- こうして見ると、確かに地蔵ばっかりだなIt does look like there are a lot of these campers when you look at them like this
- せっかく他のたくさんのバンドやミュージシャンを味わえるチャンスなのに、もったいない…To think that it's a rare chance to be able to experience other bands and musicians in person... such a waste.
Shop for Mr. Children-related items on YESASIA
Shop for Mr. Children-related items on RAKUTEN
Shop the Mr. Children store on AMAZON