LoVendoЯ is a "twin vocalist-twin guitarist" band consisting of members Reina Tanaka and Marina Okada on vocals, and Yuki Uozumi and Marin Miyazawa on guitars.
Tanaka was part of the unit since its formation in June of 2012 and balanced it with Morning Musume. She officially concentrated on the band after graduating from Morning Musume last May 21. (Related post HERE)
When asked about the reason for the formation of the band, Tanaka answered: "Because Tsunku-san said so".
When Tanaka told Tsunku that she wanted to graduate but still keep on singing, Tsunku offered her the position in the band.
While they were showing a live performance VTR of the band singing Takuro Yoshida's "Kyou made soshite ashita kara", Nishikawa asked:
"Uhmmm... who's the one who decides what kind of music you play?"
Continued in >>2
- 今のモー娘wwwwwwThe current Morning Musume wwwwww
- 西川君、いい人だな普通分かっててもこういうこと言わないよNishikawa-kun's such a nice person.
Even if people know what's wrong, they won't be so blunt as this in normal circumstances.
- モーニング娘とか昔から自分で音楽作ることは全部禁じられてるよな頭ないだけかもしれんがBut Morning Musume's always been forbidden to make their own music, right?
Or maybe they're just empty upstairs.
- つか、つんくがもう飽きてるのが一番の問題ではｗMaybe the biggest problem here is that Tsunku's already grown tired of them LOL
- 西川がメンバーの意思組んだ曲提供してやれよNishikawa should provide them with a song that each member would like
- これは正論だな。映画評論家の町山智浩がアメリカのフリーライブできゃりーぱみゅぱみゅが出てきて、何千人もの人が集まってきてめちゃくちゃ盛り上がってた話した時に、そういえばこのバンドも出てたって話してた。吉田拓郎の曲をバンドでやられてもアメリカ人にはサッパリ何のことか分からないから盛り上がらなかったと。まぁそりゃそうなんだけど、そんな負け試合組むような事務所の方針が酷すぎる。This is a sound argument by him.
Movie critic Tomohiro Machiyama said that he did recall this band appearing at a concert overseas while talking about Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's successful performance which was attended by thousands of fans. He said that the Americans didn't know what was going on with this band who was singing a Takuro Yoshida song and wasn't received well. I guess that's a given, but their agency is horrible for making them go to a match that they know they'd lose.
- 辛気くさいだけじゃんなんで今この曲なのか意味分からんIt's boring.
I really don't know why they're playing this kind of song in this day and age.
- 西川がここまで田中に肩入れする必要あんの？Is there a need for Nishikawa to support Tanaka this much?
- どんな感じか曲聞いてみたら、確かにひでーなｗこれならバンド形式でやる必要まったくないわｗSo I tried listening to the song as I was curious how it sounded but it really is horrible.
They didn't even have to perform something like this as a band.
- 西川君は熱いんだなNishikawa-kun's so passionate
- アイドル時代に我が儘した反省からロック転向したら従順になるとか、色々が間違ってるよなBeing rebellious while she was an idol then suddenly starts following orders now that she's shifted to rock... everything about that just sounds so wrong.
- もう正論すぎて返す言葉もないHe speaks nothing but the truth, no room for rebuttals.
- 西川にプロデュースする才能なんて有るのかよBut does Nishikawa even have the talent to produce other artists?
- つんく「ぐぬぬぬ・・・・」Tsunku: "Urggghhhh..."
- 普通に読めないバンド名つけてることでクソ音楽だとわかるThe moment they're given a band name you can't read normally, then you should already know that their music will be shi+e.
- どっちにしてもすぐ消えるんだから好きにやらせてやれThey'll be gone before you know it, so just let them do what they want.
- TMR今はセルフプロデュースらしいが具体的に何やってんの？今でも作詞井上秋緒作曲編曲は浅倉大介だよなI heard that TMR is self-produced nowadays, but what exactly can he do?
The lyrics are still done by Akio Inoue while the music is composed by Daisuke Asakura, right?
- つんくに言えよこの子らに言ったら板ばさみになるだけじゃんSay something like this directly to Tsunku.
This'll just be a dilemma for these girls.
- お前もミゲルとかいうのに媚びて長州リキとか歌ってたけどあれもはたからみたらこれじゃないだろBut this guy also leeched onto Miguel and sang Choushuuriki, but people who saw that would also think, "That isn't what your supposed to be doing".
- 普通にシンプルな4人バンド形式にして曲も格好に合ったガールズパンクっぽいのやりゃよかったのに偉い人の方針だか何だか知らんけど、ようわからんわちぐはぐなもんやって誰も特しないIt would have been better if they just kept it simple and formed a 4-piece girl punk band with proper songs and attire.
This might be what the higher-ups want, but no one will benefit from a crazy combination like this.
- モー娘もLoVendoЯってやつも狙いが今一分からないんだよね日本の音楽をどうしたいのか、どんな音楽を残したいのか一部のファンにだけ受ければいいのか、そもそもファンは彼女らの音楽を良いと思ってるのかI really don't get what Morning Musume and LoVendoЯ are trying to achieve.
What do they want to do to Japanese music? What kind of music do they want to leave behind?
Do they just want a portion of their fans to appreciate them? Or do their fans even like the music that they're playing?
- 西川君言うねぇNishikawa-kun really isn't holding back
- なんでフォークなんだろな懐メロにしたってガールズバンドのお手本のショーヤとかプリプリあるだろにI really wonder why they chose to do folk songs.
Even from the oldies, we have Show-Ya and Princess Princess whom they can look up to as examples of girl bands.
- ハロプロ時代にプリプリのダイアモンドをカバーしてるのねThey did cover Princess Princess' Diamond during their Hello! Pro era
- この事務所ってアリスとか森高千里、シャ乱Qとかその上の世代も含めて結構すごいメンバーが所属してるのに、浅倉大介プロデュースで売れたけど、バンドでは成功したとも思えない西川が言えるのかなって思うUP-front promotion has a bunch of amazing artists under its belt like Alice, Chisato Moritaka, Sharan-Q, and many more from the older generation. Takanori Nishikawa did succeed once Daisuke Asakura produced him, but he wasn't even successful when he was still in a band, so I don't think he's one to speak.
- つんくが仕上げると、昭和臭さがでるんだよな悪い意味で垢抜けない汚さというか西川にレボリューションしてもらえWhen Tsunku produces things, the outcome just always seem so old, like from the Showa-era.
It feels dirty and unpolished, in a bad way.
Go have Nishikawa make a revolution.
- 田中は過去に自己主張が強すぎて業界から消されるかどうかってとこまで行ったんだよTanaka once emphasized her own beliefs too much, and it reached the point where she was even about to be terminated from the industry.
- 面白かったわギターの2人は完全に西川に同調してたwもう100％駄目だなこれファンでも見放すレベルThe program was fun.
The 2 guitarists were totally in sync with Nishikawa.
This is 100% a failure already.
It's on a level where even their fans would leave them behind.
- 予想してたよりはギターの子が弾けてたと思ったらモー娘。じゃなくて音楽専門学校卒なんだなThat guitarist girl was much better than expected,
so she's not from Morning Musume, but from a musical school, huh?
- れいにゃ焦りがありそうだなReina must be panicking a bit
Shop for Reina Tanaka-related items on YESASIA
Buy LoVendoR Cover The ROCK (ALBUM+DVD)(Japan Version) from YESASIA
Download Morning Musume music on iTUNES
Download T.M.Revolution (TMR) music on iTunes