"I was a regular highschool student who did not excel at anything, and I haven't even decided on what to do up to the night before the audition.
"Before going to bed, I finally decided after thinking it over. I cut a sweet potato in half, wrapped it in cling wrap and put it in my bag together with a carving knife.
"On the day of the audition, I felt out of place when I was mixed in together with all of these pretty girls who were so talented as they sang, danced, performed ballet, and calisthenics. I felt miserable as I just silently started carving the sweet potato in front of the judges, and for some reason I passed.
"I'm still indebted to Shirakura-san and Director Tasaki who were kind enough to let me and my sweet potato stamp through.
"With these bonds that I have created, I am really grateful of the fact that I have been truly blessed with the people around me who have helped me as I am still standing here after 10 years. I still cherish these miracles and meetings with other people up to this day"
- Keiko Kitagawa's blog truly is amazing, you'd sometimes even doubt if she was the one writing it.
- Isn't Sailor Moon an 'untouchable' topic?
- I really like her blog. It's so calm and simple without any smileys or anything.
- I think she doesn't know that the ones who passed that audition were already predetermined.
- So she's not treating it as a dark past, huh
- There's no way she can treat that as a dark past. She's still good friends with her co-stars back then.
- This blog entry is really nice as it gives the reader courage. But I think the potato stamp had nothing to do with her passing the auditions!
- I commend her for not hiding her past that doesn't even need to be discussed.
- Well, Sailor Moon is nothing for her if she can even show her no-make up face
- I think what she did was right. It's kinda like something the staff of a tokusatsu flick would like to see.
- I think these tokusatsu staff would hate singing and ballet which are like the hobbies of those happy, 'offline' people.
- She looks weird now after all of the plastic surgeries she's had... To think that she was so beautiful before.
- I watched Sailor Moon at that time, and I thought that she was the most attractive one.
- 月野うさぎ / セーラームーン / セレニティ - 沢井美優
水野亜美 / セーラーマーキュリー - 浜千咲（幼少期：松元環季）
火野レイ / セーラーマーズ - 北川景子（幼少期：田中明）
木野まこと / セーラージュピター - 安座間美優（幼少期：鳴海美翔）
愛野美奈子 / セーラーヴィーナス - 小松彩夏
- Sawai Miyuu as Tsukino Usagi / Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity
- Hama Chisaki as Mizuno Ami / Sailor Mercury
- Kitagawa Keiko as Hino Rei / Sailor Mars
- Azama Myu as Kino Makoto / Sailor Jupiter
- Komatsu Ayaka as Aino Minako / Sailor V / Sailor Venus
- She was still under a small agency in Kobe during Sailor Moon.
- It would have been impossible for them to have her predetermined as a cast member.
- If they had the kind of authority to manipulate the auditions then they wouldn't have allowed her to be stolen by Stardust Promotions.
- A potato stamp, huh... So that's what she came up with after thinking it over.
- That actually leaves a bigger impression.
- Well, if someone like Keiko Kitagawa comes along then she'd immediately pass regardless of her acting skills.
- She said that everyone in the auditions was pretty, but she is the prettiest one out of everyone who passed by far.
- She didn't pass because of the potato stamp but because of her face
- I don't think Kitagawa had plastic surgery.
- She just grew older and deteriorated.
- Well, Sailor Moon is still one of Japan's prides so she can't treat it as a dark past
- I like her as an actress but I don't think she chooses her jobs properly.
- What the f*ck was that drama where she starred with a strange man like GACKT!?
- The people who think Sailor Moon should have been a dark past must be looking down on SM's popularity.
- Any girl from Kitagawa's generation would be so proud that she was part of SM and brag about it all the time.
- She had her picture taken with MomoClo, and her face was as small as the Yellow girl who has the smallest face among the group.
- ま、もとがキレイだからね なんもせんでも受かるわな
- Well, she is beautiful to begin with, so she'll pass even if she doesn't do anything.
- I probably would have become her fan if her nose was a bit smaller
- She's a person who can get 100 points with her looks.
- It was a wise decision for her to leave an impression as the "potato stamp girl" rather than losing points in dancing and singing
- On the other hand, it seems that SMAP's St. Seiya is totally a dark past for them
- Keiko Kitagawa really is an interesting person.
- There are times when she looks smart, then she suddenly eats like a ruffian. There was also a time when she chased around Yama-P.
- And depending on her role, she can look like she's super intelligent or super dumb. She's really interesting.
- A handshake event was held while live action Sailor Moon was being shown.
- Keiko Kitagawa thought that little girls would be attending the event, but the ones who came were the disgusting otaku fanboys (kimo-ota).
- When Kitagawa saw the scene from the side of the stage, she cried and begged off.
- She didn't even listen to the staff who tried to persuade her, and ran away.
- This is the reason why Keiko Kitagawa was taken out of the limelight for a while after Sailor Moon ended.
- It really is amazing that a single-edged eyelid monster like her can look decent with makeup and a little plastic surgery.
- If she was able to prepare a carving knife on the night before the audition, then she must have been making these potato stamps on a regular basis. I wonder if she gallantly takes out a sweet potato from her bag and carves it these days when she has free time.
- Looks is all that matters for young actresses.
- If someone of Kitagawa's degree came to an audition then she'd pass without any objections.
- Interesting stuff
- She should have shown them how to eat like a rogue
- The moment she went to the funeral of a director without any makeup on and was sobbing while answering the interview left a really good impression on me.
- So you want me to post this?
- Well, all you can do is choose Kitagawa after seeing this
- I used to like Sailor Mars
- Kitagawa sure is beautiful
- This person may seem stupid but she actually writes properly
- She wanted to become a doctor, right?
- No one's going to ignore a doctor like this!
- Even I'd pierce a hole through my stomach just so she could treat me.
Shop for Keiko Kitagawa-related items on YESASIA