* Sho Sakurai sent his resume to Johnny's 'on a whim' which led to his debut.
* "When I came home one day, my resume was on the living room table. My parents told me, 'What is this, we haven't heard of this!'. I kept my application a secret from my parents, and of course they got mad at me."
* "Whenever I visited my grandparents' house, they would always ask me when I'd quit, and my parents would just keep silent about it."
* "I also thought that I'd probably stop at some point. I was thinking that I'd probably quit Johnny's Jr. when I was about 17 or 18. Well, I liked what I was doing and was treating it as something like an extra-curricular club activity."
* "Even when we became Arashi, my family never attended our concerts. But there was a time when I held a solo concert when I was 22 or 23 and asked them in the living room, 'I have a concert this weekend, can you come?'. They then said, 'maybe we should'. I remember that scene pretty well. I think that was the time they finally accepted me. They've been coming to our concerts ever since."
- I wonder when he felt how risky the things he did were
- I bet his dad couldn't stand his son's weird rapping
- Well, someone like Sakurai could have just gone on with college even if he didn't make his showbiz debut. But it was pretty risky if he did anything else.
- The ones debuting in Johnny's recently seem to be staying stagnant for 5 to 10 years
- I think Sho-kun isn't that skillful.
- I bet he's really smart, but he's the type who works hard.
- He's got a habit of getting really mad at his fans, right?
- I get this feeling that he's carrying some dark baggage with him.
- His dad even developed him by letting him enroll in Keio University's Yochisha (elementary school). It's just natural that they got disappointed at him.
- If I were an idol, I wouldn't want my parents coming to my concert. I'd say "What the f*ck are you doing here! Die, scum!"
- Arashi is the most popular group, and I think Sakurai is their most popular member.
- But there's something awkward if you call Sakurai Japan's top star.
- Is it true that the porn actress whom the other 4 members of Arashi banged didn't make any advances to Sakurai?
- It felt that the Arashi craze came after Hana yori dango
- His dad is this high level executive, right?
- I bet he has a lover.
- He's gotten extremely fat
- 嵐は嫌いじゃない 音楽は全く聴く気にならないけど
- I don't hate Arashi, but I don't feel like listening to their music
- His dad's a bureaucrat, and the chief at that. Then his mom's a university professor. His sister works at NTV, right? (related post here). He really has a pretty decent family.
- He's marketed as someone who grew up with a good background and graduated from Keio. But he's being treated well by other Keio graduates and is treated differently from the other Johnny's members. His academic background sure has become a treasure for him.
- He's really a good guy
- But he's getting a lot of jobs at NTV due to his dad's authority, right?
- I wonder if someone with a background this good can really coexist with other celebrities in showbiz.
- Well, I think his parents were able to stay silent about it because they knew that he would have been able to advance to Keio university anyway. He could have just gotten a regular job if he didn't do well as an idol.
- But I bet the parents wouldn't want their son to be some sort of freelancer, so they would still do things behind the scenes.
- Sakurai even said that he was about to quit, but he's eventually with Arashi now, huh.
- He totally looks like a serious man after seeing the likes of Nishikido and Akanishi
- Even Takuya Kimura's dad was against him being in showbiz during the early stages of SMAP, right? But unlike Arashi, SMAP wasn't popular at all at that time.
- Of course, each station will treat him well. He's the son of a beaurocrat who's got the throat of the entire showbiz world at the tip of his fingers.
- Arashi was able to become popular because of his dad's career advancement, huh.
- There are a lot of idols who have a high academic standing these days, but it was different before. Maybe Sakurai was the pioneer in the increase of such talents.
- KAT-TUN were the ones who graduated Waseda University through correspondence education, right? That's really awesome. I wanted some sort of qualification now that I'm working and started getting a correspondence course, but it's really tough. It was much, much, much easier when I was going to the university.
- He's got really decent parents. Sakurai's the only one I can accept.
- Oh, so his parents were against it, huh. I always thought that he was liberated and was allowed to do anything he wanted.
- Sakurai is just an extreme case, but everyone in Arashi actually comes from a decent (rather, normal) family.
- This is true with everyone in Johnny's, most especially Arashi. But they should be doing things which are more appropriate to their age. It's pretty tough seeing the man-childs getting old already.
- His parents didn't attend their concerts, but I bet they pulled some strings behind the scenes.
- Well, any parent in his or her right mind wouldn't want their child entering showbiz after all.