Earned ¥153 Million in over the weekend, overtaking Conan which was #1 for 4 weeks.
- It would have been a hit even if Maeda wasn't the lead! I wanted Horikita to do it.
- Can you still call Atsuko Maeda ugly after seeing these pictures?
- Kya--- (monotone)
- They must have targeted the release in a very low-level week for movies, that even Conan on its 5th week could still have gotten first.
- Everything other than Ironman is doing pretty bad in the rankings. It's like a film fest of trashy movies.
- I initially thought this was amazing, but they didn't earn that much, huh.
- It's just half of what K-ON made...
- You can't manipulate the earnings in movies like with CDs.
- It must have done pretty well then.
- Would be good if it gets first in the 1-week ranking
- What if Conan gets 1st again next week?
- I watched it yesterday and I really got scared as the facial parts of the heroine gradually gathered towards the center of her face.
- She's not an exceptionally good actress, nor is she cute.
- She probably wouldn't have been able to become an actress if not for the AKB craze.
- Lady luck sure is smiling brightly beside her.
- I was thinking of watching it today
- Stop showing the trailer late at night
- \150 million from 160 cinemas means that it's a pretty massive hit.
- It'll probably earn more by word of mouth.
- Maeda isn't that good of an actress.
- She doesn't do too much emotional transitions and only does relatively simplistic dark roles.
- I guess her life now is much better than the time when she was at handshake events for the entire day.
- Is it a good movie? A bad movie? A classic?
- Is Maeda good in it or did she ham it up?
- Anyway, I've decided to go watch it first.
- They were predicting 50 million on its first weekend.
- This has far exceeded expectations.
- I think that I won't be able to experience any kind of fear that will surpass the one that I felt after watching The Ring anymore. I watched it when I was clueless and was still in junior high, but I think that the horror movies that people watch in their childhood days are the ones that leave an impact -- rather trauma -- leading them to think that these are the classics.
- Atsuko should go along the same path as Shinobu Terashima
- Well, I am pretty curious about this. I think it'll depend on the reviews.
- If the reviews are good then I'll probably watch it.
- I don't think Maeda is popular, it's just that the director is popular.
- I saw the trailer, it really looks scary.