On Takuya Kimura's radio program Kimura Takuya no What's UP SMAP!, he was asked by a listener, "Why do you wear your watch on your right wrist?", to which he replied, "I'm also wearing it on my right wrist now, why are you wondering about that?".
Kimura then proceeded to explain, "Wearing the watch on the right wrist is a symbol of peace". It apparently refers to when a sniper is aiming for his target, he keeps his right hand's index finger on the trigger while checking the time on the watch on the inner side of his left wrist. But if the sniper were to wear his watch on his right hand, he'd have to let go of the trigger momentarily in order to check the time, which will prevent him from firing the rifle.
Kimura has always been wearing his watch on his right wrist but became more conscious of it after learning about its significance to a sniper. But he says that there are still times where he wears it on his left in dramas to match the other actors.
- 中二病かよIs he senile or something?
- この人スナイパーだったの？ｗｗｗOh, I didn't know he was a sniper www
- 単なる人と違う事と考えた浅知恵It's probably some shallow thinking of doing something different from the norm.
- ちゃんと自分なりに理由があるならいいんじゃね？おまえら他人に厳しすぎるだろIt's alright as long as he has his own reasons.
You guys are too strict on other people.
- なんだ厨ニ病かOh, so he's got that highschooler disease
- 左利きなんだろHe's probably a southpaw
- 右利きで左手がどんくさいと着けるのたいへんじゃない？左手もそこそこ動くようにわざわざ訓練してるんかしらWon't it be difficult if you're right handed and you wore your watch on your left that's weak?
Could it be that he's training his left hand so that it'd move freely?
- 利き腕につけると不便っていうのは思い込みで実際つけると何の障害にもならないPeople just assume that it'll be inconvenient if you put it on your strong hand, but when you actually do it, it doesn't get in the way of anything.
- CHEMISTRYのグラサンのかけかたみたいなもんだろIt's probably the same as how that dude from CHEMISTRY puts his sunglasses on
- 俺はペンの利き手が左だから右に腕時計をしているだけでも町中に行くと｢うわぁ…あいつ、キムタクを意識してるわ…きもっ…｣と思われるのだろうなIn my case, I use the pen with my left hand so I wear my watch on my right.
But if I go outside, will people think, "Uwaa... that guy's imitating KimuTaku, so gross..."?
- 平和の象徴も何もここは銃社会じゃないし左手に着けてる方が何かと便利だと思うけどSymbol of peace? But we're not even living in a society ruled by guns.
I do think that it's much more convenient if you wear it on your left wrist.
- ほっとけよwwwLeave him alone www
- スナイパー木村Sniper Kimura
- ダイ・ハードのマクレーンも右手につけてるDie Hard's McClane also wears his on the right.
- 左利きの俺が変な眼で見られるだろこういうのやめろやBecause of this, people will think strangely of me just because I'm a lefty. Stop it already.
- いらんこと言わずに「何となく」って言っとけばいいのにな。まあイメージを作る商売だから必要なのかもしれんけど臭いな。もう40超えてるんだからねえ。He should have just said, "Nothing really, just because I feel like it", instead of saying something unnecessary.
Well, he's in an industry where they have to create this image, but I think it stinks.
He's already 40 for crying out loud.
- ＞なんで疑問に思うんですか？ここが無ければ、もう少し好意的なスレになってるはずｗ> Why are you wondering about that?
If only he didn't say that, this thread would have probably been a bit more supportive w
* Honda: In order to keep my body balance
* Ogura: Of course not
* Honda: They didn't respond like that on News Zero, though
* Ogura: Seriously, why?
* Honda: Because I'm pursuing "classic"
- 右利きだけど右手でやると違和感バリバリなこと・歯磨き・電話・リモコンのボタン押しI'm right-handed, but these are the things that feel super awkward when I do them with my right hand:
* brushing my teeth
* using the phone
* pressing the remote control buttons
- 厨房が喜びそうな設定That feels like something the kids would enjoy
- 左利きだけど左腕につけてるわちょっと不便だけどI'm left-handed but I wear it on my left wrist. Though it is slightly inconvenient.
- 慎吾ママは 喧嘩上手 いきなり顔面ぶち込む森君といい慎吾ママといいあいつら武闘派だからな。喧嘩のためだろShingo-mama is good at fighting and will suddenly punch you in the face.
Mori-kun, Shingo-mama, these guys are fighters. It's for the sake of brawling.
- 俺も右に着けるなぜなら子供の頃に着けたときに右の方が着けやすかったからI also wear mine on the right.
It's just that it was easier for me to wear it on my right when I was small.
- キムタクも笑いが分かってきたかIt seems that KimuTaku now knows how to pull of gags
- 利き腕につけてたら傷とかいっぱいつきそうで嫌だI don't like putting it on my strong hand, it might get a lot of scratches.
- キムタクって普通にしているだけでキャーキャー言われるポジションだと思うんだけど変に欲張って格好良さを上乗せしようとして逆に滑ってる事が多いよね。カタカナで書けばいいのにLove SeanSとか。I think KimuTaku is in a position where girls would scream for him even if he doesn't do anything. But there are a lot of times when he tries to act too cool, and it just works out the opposite way for him. Like "Love SeanS"* which he could've just written in Katakana.
[* Q. What special benefits do lead stars have? --
KimuTaku's A: "Love SeanS (should be scenes)"]
- よし、俺もこれから右につけようAlright, I'm wearing mine on my right wrist from now on.
- 俺から見ればアホらしいけどいいんじゃないの？思想は自由だIt seems stupid to me but who cares? Everyone has freedom of thought.
- SWATのひとでも 普通に左につけているよね実践のときはグローブの邪魔だから つけないかなEven the SWAT people normally wear it on their left wrists.
But I don't think they wear one during actual operations since it gets in the way of their gloves.
- まぁ、この男も右手にしてるからなWell, this guy also wears his on his right arm.
- 昔は右腕に時計するのがかっこいい時代があったって昔、母ちゃんが言ってたわMy mom said there was a time long ago that it was cool when you wore your watch on your right arm.
- 厨二病だなwwwwwIs he going through puberty all over again? wwwww
- 中二炸裂かおｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗSo childish wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
- 俺も時計右につけてるんだけど左につけるとかゆいっつか落ち着かないもちろん利き手は右I also wear mine on the right, and it's so itchy -- rather, I can't calm down when I put it on my left wrist.
And yeah, I'm right-handed.
- どっちでもいいだろ本人の自由Anyway's fine.
That's his freedom of choice.
He should be a sniper then.
- カッコイイから何やってもいいんじゃねそういう職業の人だし…。He's cool so he can do anything.
He's in that business after all.
- 右足にはめてればアクセルを踏み込むのを躊躇してスピード違反で何回も捕まらないんじゃあないだろうか…Maybe if he wore it on his right ankle then he'd hesitate when he steps on the gas, then he won't be caught overspeeding over and over again...
- ちょっと好感度アップしたわwThis made me like him more w
- ＞木村は以前から右腕に腕時計をしていたが、そのスナイパーのたとえを知って、さらに意識して＞右腕にはめているそうだ。じゃあスナイパー由来じゃないんじゃん最初に右腕にはめた理由は「なんとなく」でOK？>Kimura has always been wearing his watch on his right wrist, but became more conscious of it after learning about its significance to a sniper.
So it isn't even about the sniper.
Which means it's ok to assume that his initial reason for putting it on his right arm is just because he felt like it?
Shop for Takuya Kimura-related items on YESASIA
Shop for SMAP-related items on YESASIA
Buy Johnny's Books and Magazines from YESASIA