And I won't be watching figure skating again for another 4 years
- http://lohas.nicoseiga.jp/thumb/3055215i真央ちゃんはこんな顔しちゃだめだと思うの＞＜I don't think Mao-chan should be making faces like this ><
Must be really tough for them since aside from the actual competition, they still have to memorize the steps for the exhibition as well
- 立派なもんだメダルは逃したもののFPの演技で人々を感動させたんだからShe truly is splendid.
She may have let the medal slip past her, but she was still able to move people to tears with her performance at the FP.
(Related post HERE)
- 俺上がり症だから、オリンピックでたら、足はﾌﾞﾙﾌﾞﾙ、手はｶﾞｸｶﾞｸ、話もまともにしゃべれなくなって、一度失敗したら、二度と立ち直れないだろうな、つーか人前に出ただけでダメだけど。その点を考えたら、ＳＰであれだけ調子くずして、そこから、あれだけ起ちなおっただけですごい。I've got a bad case of the willies so if I ever get to be at the Olympics, my legs and arms would tremble so hard, and I won't even be able to speak properly. When I make a mistake even once, I don't think that I'll be able to recover again.
But actually, I can't even face other people. And when you just think about that, you can tell how amazing she is by fully recovering to make that kind of performance after her bad showing at the SP.
- お疲れ様と言いたいがスケートに興味が無い。一応お疲れ様でした。I want to tell her "Good job", but I'm not interested in figure skating.
Well, good job, I guess.
She was so cute
- 泥水のんだが カッコよかったぜ日本人から直向きさをとったら何も残らないそんなことを思わされたShe may have failed at one point, but she was really cool.
There will be nothing left of a Japanese person if you remove his passion.
She made me think that way.
The government should give Mao the People's Honor Award
- 早熟すぎたわな。年齢制限で出られなかった８年前がピークだったろう。She was too much of an early bloomer.
She peaked 8 years ago when she wasn't able to participate due to the age restrictions.
- フィギアはエキシビジョンだけで十分。競技種目にするより、好きな曲と踊りで華やかに演出する方が、観客としても見応えのあるものになる。個人的には、スノーバイクやソリでドッグレース的なものを競技に入れても良いかなと思う。Just let the figure skaters participate in the exhibition. Even the people watching would enjoy them dancing along and performing elegantly to the tune that they like, instead of having them as events.
I personally want snow biking and dog sled races included in the official events, though.
When you think about it, it must already be a given that Japan and Russia will be having terrible scores in the next Pyeongchang Olympics due to Korea's retribution. LOL.
Mao-chan is the hope of Japan.
She gave us a huge glimmer of light.