- "They came out with a lot of songs that I liked." (22/M)
- "I listened to them a lot when I was a student." (25/F)
- "There are times when I feel like listening to them again." (24/M)
5. FUNKY MONKEY BABYS (11)
- "I still want to listen to their new songs." (24/F)
- "I feel warm just by listening to their songs." (22/F)
- "I really like how FunMon rouses people up." (22/F)
- "I'm sad that they split up. Instead of going solo, I hope they all come back together again at least once when they find the time." (27/F)
4. 19 (12)
- "They were with me through my youth." (27/M)
- "I liked the songs and the voice. I listened to them a lot in Jr. High and they bring back memories." (27/F)
- "I think they're on par with Yuzu as this great duo who sang youthful songs." (26/F)
- "So nostalgic." (31/F)
(Top 3 after the jump)
- "I want to listen to Himuro's live singing with Hotei's guitar playing." (31/M)
- "They're cool." (42/M)
- "I want to listen to them again." (40/M)
- "I used to listen to them a lot." (33/M)
2. THE YELLOW MONKEY (15)
- "A band I used to listen to a lot in high school, and pretty much defined my youth." (32/M)
- "Kazuya Yoshii is still cool up to now, and I was a fan when I was in Jr. High." (29/M)
- "Because they have a lot of songs that echo in your heart." (29/M)
- "They were unique, I liked them." (28/F)
1. JUDY AND MARY (60)
- "I was still a kid when they were popular and I wasn't able to go to their concerts then. I want to go this time." (26/F)
- "I want them to sing their hit songs, and I want to listen to new songs!" (30/F)
- "Because YUKI-chan is cute." (43/M)
- "I want to see how the current YUKI-san would sing their earlier songs which were girly and energetic." (35/M)
- "I have a lot of fond memories about them from my youth." (37/M)
Other bands that did not make it into the ranking:
KICK THE CAN CREW
People will just get disappointed, so there's no need to reunite
- いえもんがついに2位にきたかこの毎度毎度のランキングでOh, Yellow Monkey finally manages to get 2nd.
In this same old, same old ranking.
- チェッカーズはアイドル路線を捨てなかったせいかえらい過小評価だよな。女の子向けイメージが強すぎて男がファンと表明するのは勇気がいったThe Checkers are underrated because they didn't abandon their idol lineage.
They're strongly associated with female fans, and men needed courage to come out and say that they liked the Checkers.
- 大人になったYUKIさんが、ガーリーでエネルギッシュな初期の楽曲をどう歌うか見てみたい（35歳／男性）こんなこと言う奴ホンマにおるんかい- "I want to see how the current YUKI-san would sing their earlier songs which were girly and energetic." (35/M)
Is there really someone who'd say something like this?
- ジュディマリとかイエモンって最後の方意味わからん曲ばっか出してたな解散していくバンドって最後ああなるのが普通なんだなThe songs JudyMary & YeMon released towards their twilight years were incomprehensible.
That must really be what happens when bands are already about to split up.
I always thought that the Blue Hearts would mostly be in rankings like this. It's a surprise that they're not in here.
- JWALKとかSIAM SHADEは復活しないのかね
Won't JWALK and SIAMSHADE come back?
But ZONE's final days were pretty tragic ww
- イエモンは新入社員が知らなくて驚いた世代の違いを改めて感じたわI was surprised that a new employee didn't know who the YELLOW MONKEY were.
That once again made me realize the generation gap.
- ZONE入れんな馬鹿やろうｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗもうどうやって再結成するんだよｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗDon't include ZONE here, are you idiots? wwwwwwwwwwwwww
How the heck are they supposed to reunite? wwwwwwwwwwwww
Ah, a plain survey with a low vote count.
The Beatles, of course
- 震災のどさくさで色んなバンド復活したけど、別にがっかりはなかったよ。懐かしいことをしてくれるだけで、もう十分すぎるくらい堪能できる。A lot of bands came back to play together again after the disaster, but they didn't really disappoint.
Them doing all those nostalgic things was already satisfying in itself.
- >・YUKIちゃんがかわいいから（43歳／男性）再結成する必要あるのかこれ> - "Because YUKI-chan is cute." (43/M)
Do they even need to make a comeback just because of this?
I wanted YeMon to come back... Yoshii's solo efforts just doesn't cut it.
- Janne Da Arc
Judy and Mary isn't really a band that people want to come back, people just want to make the singer sing the old songs of the band
- ZIG ZAG再結成してくれ
I hope ZIG ZAG comes back
I don't know any of these
How come Drifters aren't included there?
- フリッパーズ・ギターは僕の青春ぜひ再結成してください最後に歌う曲は「すべての言葉はさよなら」でお願いしますFlippers Guitar defined my youth.
I really hope they come back.
And please play "Subete no kotoba wa sayonara" for your last song
It's nice when you see these respondents liking bands that don't match their age since you'd come to realize that it was the influence of their parents
- 珍しく理解できるランキングだわ同意はしかねるけど今再結成してもガッカリするだけだと思うしThis is a ranking that I can understand for a change, but I can't really agree with.
I think that fans will just get disappointed if these bands ever come back.
- イエモンは吉井で持ってると思ったけど吉井ソロがイマイチなのでバンドでしか出せない魅力ってあるんだろうなI always thought that Yoshii was the one who carried YeMon, but seeing how his solo effort didn't make waves, there really must've been something that only the band was able to offer
- YUKIにはもうジュディマリ時代の曲は歌えない。残念ながら声が出ない。あの伸びやかな高音はもうなくなってしまったんだよ。ルックスは今のがいいね！YUKI won't be able to sing her Judy and Mary songs anymore.
Too bad but her voice doesn't come out as well.
That stretched high-pitch voice is no more.
So are they completely denying Funky Kato's existence who just started going solo? w
(Related post HERE)
I'm feeling the extinction of a generation with this
Blue Hearts and High-lows
But haven't the popular ones made their comeback already?
They will be nothing but grandpas and grandmas when they come back, can you still call that rock? w
I'm a LUNA SEA fan and I always wanted them to come back, but when they did, they weren't all that.
There are also times when you'd want your favorites to just keep living on in your memories.
They'll reunite once they can't sell anymore as solo artists.
They won't if they're still doing well as solo artists.
Super Car, hurry up and reunite
Michelle Gun Elephant
I don't think it's possible, but please do, with the original 4.
No need to do something so lame like reuniting
When the members themselves split up and say that they've done it all, then the fans will be able to treasure those memories and move on.
But when they say stuff like "We really didn't want to split up", "We still wanted to continue", it's also unbearable to the fans.