She initially said, "I'll aim to be creative in college. I'll balance work with schooling no matter what".
Kutsuna dropped out this year before starting her 3rd year.
From her agency: "It really was difficult for her to work while going to school. She had a hard time attending classes due to her work in dramas. She accepted this and dropped out. She will now be focusing on her acting career".
- Well, that was pretty quick of her to decide.
- She should have at least filed for an LOA first.
- Oh, Pocky's dark history
- The plain-looking one of the 3 Gori-oshi girls (over-hyped, bulldozed into the spotlight)
- She probably would have been able to graduate if she didn't appear in Mita
- I still can't wipe away her image of fake Pocky endorser
- I always thought she was ugly, but I thought she looked cute in Kazoku Game
- Oh, the girl who's got a complicated name in the 3 Gori girls
- So it's tough for those majoring in the arts if they don't keep their attendance up?
- Isn't this girl always doing supporting roles instead of heroine or lead roles?
- If that's how she plans to continue then that's fine by me.
- It really is wrong to go to college while working
- She looks cute in Kazoku Game, and looks like she can act well too.
- She even has the guts to do that kissing scene with Itao which was like a penalty in itself.
- I only thought of her as an ugly, bad actress during Mita, though.
- She won't be able to play around withe her boyfriend Shota Matsuda if she tries to balance work with school.
- She can speak English, right? Why don't they just bulldoze her into Hollywood, then?
- These recent girls coming from Oscar Promotion like her and Gouriki are ugly.
- To think that they used to promote true beauties back then like Naomi Hosokawa and Miki Fujitani.
- When I tune in to Animax, I see this girl's face daily.
- And every time I see her, I think she's an unglamorous version of Hikaru Utada.
- I wonder what sort of connections she had to be able to make a debut.
- I can't distinguish her from Mayuko Kawakita.
- I like her legs, though...
- Ueto was super busy, she even quit high school, right?
- I think it's natural that you'd think lightly of school after seeing how successful your senpais are.
- Keiko Kitagawa who graduated from college was really amazing then.
- She was bashed a lot when she appeared in that Pocky commercial due to that huge gap from Gakky, but she did well in Mita, Harachan, and Kazoku Game so she's actually learned a lot of things there which she couldn't have learned in college. Though I think that she would have been able to graduate from Asia University, you just need to write a report and they'll let you through, right?
- She said she can't read English newspapers, and she doesn't understand the songs in English. Is her English proficiency just limited to greetings?
- このこ伸びたな ゴーリキーやお天気お姉さんより好感もてる
- This girl has made strides. She seems more likeable than Gouriki and Otenki Oneessan.
- She's got proper acting skills.
- Yeah, Kazoku Game was the first time I thought she was beautiful.
- I don't know if she just became prettier, or is it because she's got great acting skills?
- She might become one of the future top-class actresses.
- The girl who was born in Australia
- Oscar then started overhyping Mayuko Kawakita in variety shows after finding out how surly Shiori Kutsuna is and how she can only be used in dramas.
- You guys have been praising her so I looked for her picture, but she isn't cute at all. I've been duped.
- I think she's cute when she smiles, but there are a lot of times when she just looks sulky.
- She's not a beauty that everyone accepts like Keiko Kitagawa and Yuko Takeuchi, but I think she's the type who'll make you think "Hm? She's actually pretty".
- On a different note, Momochi was even a student teacher
- Becky was able to graduate from Asia University.
- Good for her to be able to balance it.
- It just means that her agency just filled up her schedule too much, she had no choice but to quit school. They probably thought that their products didn't require any education.
- And there's Yuika Motokariya-san who graduated from Nihon University majoring in the arts like it was nothing.
- Kutsuna together with Emi Takei and Ayame Gouriki are called "Heisei 3-nin musume".
- Who the heck calls them that?
- I recently felt that she's gotten better because of the drama Kazoku Game
- She should have saved some of her work and concentrated on schooling.
- Now is her only chance to enjoy her college life.
- Having college experience still has its advantages to her acting career.
- 100 million people cried when she replaced Gakky as the Pocky endorser
- Mai Kuraki was able to graduate in 4 years while still doing her work. But a singing career is different though.
- Her agency should have let her concentrate on studying for at least 2 years. She could have piled up the her units then, and things would probably have worked out.
- I'll look up to the people, if any, who graduated from scientific courses after becoming celebrities.
- Extremely speaking, she must have gotten an outlook as to how much she'll be earning already.