Fuji TV's 2013 FNS Kayousai shown on the 4th got an average of 18.8% (Video research, Kanto region).It recorded a high of 23.4% during Arashi's "Endless Game".
Producer Shin Kikuchi comments:
"I am relieved that we have recorded the highest ratings for a music program on a commercial channel this year. I have been involved since Kahara-san and Komuro-san met for the first time, and I truly believe that their reunion here after 15 years was remarkable. And then there was Mitani-san who immediately shattered that atmosphere, it was really funny. I am also grateful that each SMAP member was able to collaborate individually, as well as to pitcher Masahiro Tanaka who came in response to my invitation during our conversation on Bokura no Ongaku. We'll do our best again next year."
- 結局嵐かよSMAP涙目だなSo it's Arashi again, huh.
SMAP must be in tears.
LOL, they were lip-syncing at the moment the highest ratings were recorded wwwwwwwwwwww
I can't believe that this many people watched this recital...
It's lower than Legal High (despair)
So it's still Arashi in the end, huh
- 実況で煽りながら見る分には良いショーだった、あとBGM代わり真面目に見るのはちょっとIt was a good show while having fun on the showtime threads, and you could just leave it playing in the background.
I'm not for watching it religiously, though.
Mitsu Dan's performance was the best
It was more dancing than singing
I think this sort of ratings in this day and age is a passing mark
It's December already, but Koki Mitani just showed us the biggest 'WTF' moment of 2013
Koki Mitani did it for the 2nd time so it wasn't funny
- 三谷幸喜めっちゃ笑えたけどなワイはやるタイミングは明らかにおかしいけどI LOL'd so much at Koki Mitani's performance, though.
The timing of his performance was clearly off, I think.
- おもしれえからなこれテンポいいしなんだかんだで見るっていうThis program is fun.
It also has a good tempo to it.
Whatever we may say, we still go out and watch it, huh.
Akio Wada's "Zenryoku Shonen" was amusing
- 嵐ンゴｗｗｗｗもう歌唱力とか歌詞とかの問題じゃねえな本当音楽業界終わってますわArashingo wwww
It's not a matter of singing prowess or lyrics anymore.
The music industry really is done for.
- 下手な奴と上手い奴の差が凄かった上手く歌えてる人がいるってことは音響のせいには出来んよなThe difference between the good from the bad ones was really evident.
You can't blame the reverb just because there are some good singers.
Kana Nishino and the E-Girls were lucky
- アイドルであの手の番組であそこまで堂々ミュージシャンと得意げに共演できるSMAPは凄い嵐みたいな小物には100年かかってもムリSMAP's amazing for being able to proudly perform alongside other musicians at a show like that.
Small fry like Arashi won't be able to accomplish that, even if it takes them 100 years.
- 嵐も忙しいだろうになんでVTR撮ってまで出たのか不思議だったけど番組が視聴率取るためだったのかよコラボとはなんだったのかI was wondering why Arashi had to go out of their way from their busy schedule to tape a VTR. So it was all for the ratings, huh.
What the heck were those collaborations for?
ALFEE and Kiyoshi-san were good
- 薬師丸ひろ子おばさんの天使の歌声にびっくりしたI was surprised that old lady Hiroko Yakushimaru had the voice of an angel
I personally found Kusanagi's collaboration with TRF the best since he read the atmosphere
So this means that 20% of the Japanese people were at home watching TV during primetime, huh
- 後ももクロが下手どころか音痴だったのが驚いた腐っても歌手なら練習してくれAnd I was shocked at how bad, rather, tone-deaf MomoClo was.
If they're singers, they should be practicing more.
- それにしてもエレカシだけでやってほしかったわ キムタク邪魔やねん
I wanted Elekashi to perform by themselves, KimuTaku got in the way
- 3分の2くらいはAKB系、ジャニ系、エグザイル系が絡んできてたな下手くそをあんなに多用してどうすんだThere were either AKB, Johnny's, or EXILE in about 2/3 of the entire program.
What do they intend to do by utilizing all those bad performers?
JUJU wasn't as good as I expected
I'm amazed that Komuro agreed to do a collaboration
* (More on this in an upcoming post)
Kumamon was the best (like a gradeschooler's opinion)
- 山下うんちゃらもひどかったあれじゃそこらにいるちょっと歌が上手い大学生レベルの歌唱力Yamashita-something was horrible.
His singing ability was just on the level of some moderately good college student.
- 口パク嵐の後に芸人のとんねるずが生歌で普通にうまかったのがComing after Arashi's lip-sync, at least the Tunnels' live singing was good
I once again realized that the Tunnels' song was good
I cannot forgive them for cutting off the joke after the Tunnels' performance
- luna seaってこういう番組出るバンドだったっけって思った
I didn't know that Luna Sea was a type of band who'd participate in programs like this
- コラボにしてから面白くなったな前は昔の映像流してた時間が無駄だったThis program got more interesting since they started doing collaborations.
Before, they just showed old footage; it was a waste of time.
If they insist on live singing, they should've at least gathered more people who could sing well
- 小柳ゆき出すべきThey should've made Yuki Koyanagi perform
They should've invited Kyoko Koizumi instead of MomoClo and made her sing "Kogarashi ni Dakarete"
- 水樹奈々を初めてエ口いと思ったわ声優なんだっけあのひとIt was the first time I thought that Nana Mizuki was hot.
She's a seiyuu, right?
- 出演者数が多すぎるせいで変なコラボばっかだったAKBもジャニもアイドル同士でコラボしてればいいと思うThere were too much participants, and there were a lot of strange collaborations.
AKB, Johnny's, these idols should just collaborate with one another.
The central figure in MLB's posting
- まぁアイドル系は2，3割程度に抑えてあとはまともなやつを出せって思うけどまともなやつで売れてるやつってのがいないんだろうな今はI do think that they should limit idols to about 20-30% and just make proper artists perform in something like this. But there aren't any proper artists who are selling well right now.
I hope Ayaya performs at this
I originally thought that EXILE can actually sing, but they weren't good at all next to the true singers
Well, the best way to enjoy programs like this is blabbering on and complaining with everyone else while you're tuned in
Shop for Japanese Collectibles ON SALE!! on YESASIA
Shop for Japanese magazines on AMAZON