The 2014 Soundwave Festival will kick off on February 22 at Brisbane's RNA Showgrounds, and will make its way around Australia, including Sydney's Olympic Park, Melbourne's Flemington Racecourse, Adelade's Bonython Park, and Perth's Claremont Showground. The Festival will be headlined by Green Day and Avenged Sevenfold, while DIR EN GREY will be performing in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide.
It will be DIR EN GREY's first time in Australia, and they have this to say about the invitation to perform at the event: "We are already looking forward to meeting our fans who have been waiting for us all this time in Australia and to how we will be spending time with the Australian audience".
Once they return to Japan, they will be having concerts at the Nihon Budokan on March 8 and 9. "This will be the culminating event for DUM SPIRO SPERO so we are hoping to pour our feelings into this as well".
Feb 22 (Sat) Brisbane / Australia
Feb 23 (Sun) Sydney / Australia
Sydney Olympic Park
Feb 28 (Fri) Melbourne / Australia
Mar 1 (Sat) Adelaide / Australia
「DUM SPIRO SPERO」
Mar 8 (Sat) Tokyo Nihon Budokan
Mar 9 (Sun) Tokyo Nihon Budokan (Finale)
They don't have makeup anymore now, and they're just your ordinary big bros
These seem to be from last month's American tour, but they don't seem like your ordinary big-bros to me wwwww
Is Kyo-san's throat alright?
Aren't Luna Sea the guys who look like ordinary big bros without any makeup on?
So they won't be going to tour around Japan and just go straight to the Budokan?
They're still pretty amazing, huh
The guy at the center looks like an old dude...
So the vocalist took his makeup off, huh. He's small and lame so he should put more of that.
The guitarist looks like Honda, right?
That guy must be good at football too.
They only sold 3,000 copies internationally, right?
I heard that DIR EN GREY is 2nd all time who have sold in the US who do not sing in English. 1st is Germany's Rammstein.
You mean "in the metal scene", right?
最近だとボーニンゲンがBig Day Outに出るな
They're working hard, but it seems that they're not being treated that well yet overseas. But they're still more successful than the other Japanese bands. And when talking about Japanese bands who are active abroad, there's BO NINGEN who will be at the Big Day Out.
I wonder what they want to do.
They just come and go, I dislike that.
Their visuals and their songs were all influenced by Marilyn Manson.
But I personally like(d) them. Especially that gap.
I used to listen to them a lot when I was a middle schooler.
Yeah, when I was in middle school.
Non-fans must think of them only as this group who ran berserk on Music Station, lost the right to appear on TV and disappeared.
The crowd is pretty worked up www
I think I changed my view of them.
This is personally my favorite DIR EN GREY act.
If only they could recreate this kind of quality at their concerts every time...
They're a band whom the metalheads hate for some reason
・０３年～０４年 Ｖ系の王者を返上し、ヘビーロックの世界へ 欧米進出 世界のロックフェスで認められる
「Rock im park」で日本人では初めてメインステージ。
・０７年 完全な世界的アーティストに 全世界でライブ１２１本 アルバムは１１か国同時発売
・０８年 アルバム制作、海外ツアーで多忙な中でも「hide memorial summit」に出演。恩知らずのGLAYとの格の違いというか徳の違いを見せつける。以降GLAYは「あの人は今状態に・・・」
・１１年～ ８thアルバム～ワールドツアー もう完全に世界のDir en greyに。
Simple summary of Dir's history
* Conquers all Indies sales charts and crowd attendance records.
* 98: Last concert as an indie band at the Budokan (They get on the Budokan stage, the dream of every musician, even before their major debut).
* 99: Major debut with 3 singles simultaneously released (It took L'Arc 7 years to release 3 simultaneous singles).
* 99: They stand on top of the V-kei world with their 1st album, and also on top of the Japanese charts with their J-POP numbers "Yokan" and "Cage".
* 00~01: They still stand on top of the V-kei world with their 2nd and 3rd albums, but start getting sick of V-kei.
* 02: They step into the world stage with their Asian tour
* 03~04: They surrender their V-kei throne and take a more heavy rock approach. They go to Europe and the US and become recognized by participating in worldwide festivals.
* 05: All members take their makeup off. It can be perceived that they're denying their V-kei roots, but it also proves that they're walking along the path that's far ahead of V-kei. This is their comment about ditching their makeup: "When we started thinking about expressing ourselves further, we realized that we won't be able to do that with all that flashy makeup and outfits on, and people will think that we're playing with the same emotions all the time".
"We started feeling that we're losing to the song with that kind of getup."
* 06: Breaks into the American scene→ European Tour → US Tour
Completely sells out arenas that has capacities of 5,000.
First Japanese to go on the main stage of Rock im Park.
Breaking into the US scene has always been the wish of their debut producer YOSHIKI, but X has disbanded without realizing that. After X's reunion, X traverses the path that Dir has paved and finally breaks into America. Dir are really loyal to their fore fathers.
* 07: They have entirely become international artists. 121 concerts around the world, while their albums were sold in 11 different nations.
* 08: Amidst their busy schedule of touring and songwriting, they still managed to participate at the 'hide memorial summit'. They show their difference in class with the ungrateful GLAY.
* 09: Album UROBOROS sold in 17 different countries worldwide. Ranks in the billboard charts. 99 live concerts in 15 different countries.
* 10: Live DVD sold in 17 different countries.
* 11~: 8th album ~ World tour. DIR EN GREY have totally turned into international stars.
I used to like "Taiyou no Ao"
I remember the bassist as someone with long limbs and as an ikemen, right?
I honestly won't get surprised anymore no matter what kind of international festival these guys perform at
Well, if they stayed in Japan and kept being Visual-kei, then they probably would have disbanded a long time ago.
A shy big bro.
A tall, normal big-bro.
A person who I can't understand.
They're doing pretty well internationally with these sort of members.
I like them but I've never thought of them as metal.
They're more inclined towards rock.
I don't know where the boundary between metal and rock lies, though.
When the vocalist hid the fact that he had a 40-degree (celsius) fever and proceeded with the concert.
It'll only be a matter of time until this guy dies wwwww