"There are a lot of methods now, like adding tickets to CDs or handshake passes but Arashi is taking on the conventional and empirical method. They have this image that each one of their fans genuinely buys their releases. With that in mind, I want you to understand how amazing this record is."
- 握手券の重さを知らん奴だなThis guy doesn't seem like he understands the importance of handshake passes at all.
His predecessor wouldn't have said such a thing.
But it's those handshake passes that have kept Oricon afloat all this time
- いまさら言われてもなもっと前に言ってほしかったIt's too late to say something like this.
He should've said this back then.
Oricon is just finished since Soukou Koike passed away
So he's saying that Arashi's ranking is honest while AKB's is padded so it's fake, huh
- オリコン社長ってこんな甘ちゃんだったのか握手やコンサートを餌にしないで今どき誰が何枚売れるんだよ経営者が理想ばかり語るようじゃ社員は不安になるよなI didn't know that the Oricon president was this naive. Seriously, who will be able to sell CDs in this age without baiting the consumers with handshake passes and concert tickets?
The employees will just feel unsettled if these executives keep on blabbering about their idealism.
Selling handshakes actually isn't covered by Oricon so this was to be expected, huh
- ジャニは3種とか別の物を売ってるからまだ許せるんだろうAKBは同じものを何百枚も売ってるから嫌気も差すJohnny's just sell things like 3 different variants so they're still forgivable, I guess.
AKB just sells hundreds of the same thing, that's why they'd draw the ire of some sectors.
- 嵐つらいな本当は一番売れてるのにMust be tough on Arashi.
They're actually the ones selling the most.
On the flipside, is there even someone who purely sells CDs without any extras?
- 全国握手会商法を最初に広めたAKBとチケット付きCD商法を最初に広めたももクロとミュージックカード商法を最初に広めたエグザイルはパイオニアなので問題ないそれらをマネするやつはクソオリジナリティを大切にしてほしいAKB who originally started the national handshake pass method, MomoClo who originally started the ticket + CD method, and EXILE who started the music card method are all pioneers so there's no problem.
The ones who imitate these are shi+.
I just hope they value originality.
- とっくにオリコンなんか信じてないし映画の全米1位みたいな宣伝文句みたいなものI haven't trusted Oricon for quite some time now.
It's similar to those catch phrases saying "#1 in the US!".
Even you guys don't listen to CDs these days, right?
AKB's the one being criticized here, right?
- http://i.imgur.com/I2kZaFJ.jpgアケカスｗｗAkekasu ww
They're talking about you ww
- オリコンが握手券CDを無効にすりゃいいだけじゃんなに他人事みたいなこと言ってんのよｗOricon should just treat those handshake pass CDs as invalid.
Why is he talking like it's none of their business w
- そもそもオリコン1位の宣伝効果が無くなりつつあるからな誰も知らないオリコン1位曲多発っていうｗBut there's almost no more advertising power in the title "1st on Oricon" anymore.
There are a lot of songs that ranked 1st on Oricon that no one knows of anyway w
- そもそも特典商法はオリコンがタイプ別を同一カウントにしたことから始まってんだよ本当に他人事だなこの独占企業はThis "added extra" method all began when Oricon started counting all these different types as 1.
This monopolizing company really acts like it's none of their business
- ももクロでさえライブチケット付きで売ってるからなもうまともなとこないんじゃね？Even MomoClo sells their CDs with concert tickets.
I don't think there's anyone else who sells their CDs fairly.
Which song is AKB holding handshake events for now?
He's referring to AKB and EXILE who are above Arashi in sales, right?
But it's not like AKB isn't making an effort to bring the best out of their singles. They always invite popular directors to direct their PVs, and even try to make songs like "Koi Suru Fortune Cookie" which everyone can sing.
Everyone already knows that Oricon's washed up, why don't they change things?
- オリコン小池社長「今はCDにチケットや握手券などをつけたりいろんな売り方があるが嵐は王道。一枚一枚をファンが買ってくれている。それをふまえてこの記録のすごさを理解してほしい」"There are a lot of methods now, like adding tickets to CDs or handshake passes but Arashi is taking on the conventional and empirical method. They have this image that each one of their fans genuinely buys their releases. With that in mind, I want you to understand how amazing this record is."
Oricon's President Koike:
- 実人気では嵐とAKBじゃ１０倍以上あるんじゃねAKBは普通に売ったら5万も売れないIsn't the difference in actual popularity between AKB and Arashi something like 10-fold?
I don't think AKB can even sell 50,000 copies if they sell with a more normal approach.
- 先進国だと商法違反だろうね。ＣＤつき握手券といいなさい、と指導されてＣＤランキングの対象から外される。Those methods are probably violating the commercial code in those advanced nations.
They'll just say "but that's a handshake pass with an added CD" and will not be counted in the CD rankings.
Even if you remove those, then the ranking will just be dominated by Johnny's so it's still done for w
Everything is going according to Akimoto-sensei's plans
- 秋元康先生も事務所の事情で仕方なく握手に同意してるYasushi Akimoto-sensei is probably just agreeing to these handshake events due to the circumstances of the agency.
He probably just really wants to make his music more well- known.