He started building the model in order to please his grandchild, but the grandchild was uninterested.
A JA kyosai (Japan Agriculture) employee who was a Gundam fan advised him to have the model displayed in the lobby of their local city JA branch. "I'm satisfied that I was able to make a lot of people happy with this."
This is amazing, he made this by himself?
Why make Z Gundam in 2014? There's no way his grandson would react to this.
He should've made something like Anpanman or Kumamon,
Or Funassyi would've been nice, nassyi.
- 本格的だなThat looks so authentic
I'm shocked, the quality's much better than I expected
Amazing, there's no roughness to it like how the finished product of other amateurs would have looked like
- 素晴らしい出来だがＺガンダムでは、お孫さんは食い付かないだろうな・・・ダンボール戦機ウォーズ辺りにしておく柔軟さが欲しかった・・・It's done splendidly, but his grandchild wouldn't have enjoyed something like Z Gundam...
I hope he had the flexibility to do something like the Danball Senki Wars instead.
There's a similar one beside the Higashi Yamato station
Don't tell me that this grandchild is a girl?
This is a problem copyright-wise, right?
He wanted to please his grandchild?
Isn't he just using the grandchild as a front?
It's displayed in the JA branch lobby, and it was used to help promote the company.
Maybe they'll be charged with a usage fee or something..
- The grandson undoubtedly would have enjoyed it if it was transformable
"I'm sorry, the grandson thing was just to make it look good to the press, I actually just wanted to make something like this"
Fail at educating the grandson. Teach him a lesson again.
Normal people outside of maniacs enjoy the process of building plastic models, and they don't care about the finished product and just go "Betsu ni..." like Erika Sawajiri
- これに興味を示さんとか再教育せなShowing no interest in this?
Hah, re-educate him.
- クォリティーすげぇな！おい！孫！感心しめしてやれ！おまいのじーちゃんすげーよwwwAmazing quality!
Hey! Grandchild! Be a bit more impressed!
Your grandad's amazing www
- 多分普段は木削って軍艦とか作ってるんだろうなぁ。This old man probably makes wooden battleships on a regular basis.
That's nothing compared to the great city of Okayama's Z Gundam
Even if all the Gundam-Otas in the country praise him, his grandchild is still uninterested w
- ガノタじゃなくてもこれはすげーわ家に置かれると困るけど多分孫はまだこれの凄さがわからん歳か、邪魔になる迷惑をしるお年頃とみたThis is still amazing in the eyes of a non Gun-Ota.
I guess having something like this placed in the house is pretty troublesome, though.
I think the grandson is either too young to understand how amazing this is, or old enough to understand that something like this is just a bother at home.
- コックピットを作ったほうがよかったねレバーやスイッチ類ガチャガチャして遊べるやつガキは乗り物に乗って妄想する生き物だからなIt probably would've been better if he made the cockpit.
Something where you can play with levers and switches.
Children are living creatures who start fantasizing when they ride things.
- いや、これは孫をダシにして自分が作りたかったんだろうZというチョイスがもう、孫宛ではないしHe probably just used the grandchild as a front and intended to make this for himself.
And the choice of Zeta in the first place eliminates the possibility that it's for his grandchild.
Won't Sunrise or Bandai complain about this due to copyright and stuff?
His grandson must be an elite member of the Titans
The grandson needs to be taught a lesson if he's not interested in this w
- 汚物を見るかのような無視っぷりだった孫も全国ニュースで流れた途端に、見せて欲しいとせがんでくるだろうそれが現実The grandson who initially saw it as nothing but oversized rubbish would probably be bugging his grandpa to show it to him once he finds out that it's in the nationwide news.
That's how reality is.
- Ζは一番スマートさが美しいと思うけどなー、おまいらΖは嫌いか？I actually think that Zeta's smart looks is the most beautiful one of all.
Do you guys hate Z?
Oakyama's Z Gundam is much more amazing
Even if the grandchild didn't like it, everything's good with the grandpa because it was displayed in a lobby and became nationwide news. And if the grandson liked it instead, he might have played with it and broke it to pieces, leaving them with a huge pile of scrap. Well, I think that's also one way of enjoying it.
- 孫の歳ではZは地味なロボットとしか思えないのでは大人になれば気付くだろうThe grandson probably just thought that it was some ordinary-looking robot.
I'm sure that he'll realize its value and appreciate it more once he turns into an adult.
Shop for Gundam-related items on CDJapan
Shop for Gundam-related items on YESASIA
Shop the store Bandai Hobby for Gundam figures on AMAZON