EXILE's sister group E-Girls are confirmed to have received the unofficial notice that they will be joining the lineup of this year's NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen.
They have won the right to perform at the Kouhaku ahead of the other girl groups. Their 3rd single "Follow Me" ranked 2nd in last year's Oricon weekly charts which marked their breakthrough. They released their first album Lesson 1 last April and ranked 1st in the weekly rankings.
AKB and MomoClo are expected to take part in the event with NMB48 also looking likely to participate. A lot of girls' dreams were shattered along the way, but those who have survived the EXILE family's rigorous singing and dancing training regime have gone on to form the E-Girls in 2011.
One condition to participate in the Kouhaku is how much the group has contributed to NHK. They have been able to appear as hosts on NHK's E-Tele program Aoyama Wansegu Kaihatsu (Fridays 00:30), taking over the hosting duties from MomoClo.
In October of this year, the E-Girls' central figure Ami (25) commented: "We want to participate in the Kouhaku and make people more aware of the E-Girls. We want to fulfill our dreams."
The girls, who have inherited EXILE's spirit, will now be making their gracious performance on the stage of their dreams.
I've never even heard of them
What's up with all these leaked information?
Stop bartering them
Blonde girl aside, I can't tell the members apart from one another
I don't want to see EXILE, Johnny's, nor AKB
- EXILEもAKBも紅白でるんしょ？ムダに人数多いのばかりだなwEXILE and AKB will also be at the Kouhaku, right?
These groups have unnecessarily too many members.
They're amazing dancers
Let's just retain the fact that they have a high average facial score, but I think it's better to decrease the number of members
I think NHK rates highly them for promoting E-Tele.
I see the blonde girl on variety shows, and that's about it
Don't make a group like this participate in this event
- NMBも出るなら制したって感じじゃないなみんな出れるんじゃんIt doesn't feel like they were able to stop other groups if NMB is taking part.
That means everyone's getting on the show.
Kouhaku has become so cheap
But unlike Girl Next Door, I think they're indeed selling well
- こんだけメンバーがいるのに全員ビ●チ臭しかしない。They've got a lot of members, but they don't seem like bi+ches at all.
That's pretty amazing in a sense.
I just know that they did a cover of "The Never Ending Story"
Even Akiko Wada didn't know until the day of the announcement that she's performing, then what's up with these unofficial reports?
- 2chでも知ってる人が少ないのに紅白か謎だらけだなNot a lot of people know them, even on 2ch, and they're going to perform at the Kouhaku?
It's really full of mysteries.
- ももグロ→イーガールズゴリ押しの対象が変わっただけかMomoGro to the E-Girls
So the one they're pushing for just changed, huh.
I might die like this without knowing these girls' and AAA's songs
- 正直韓流ゴリ押し並みにウザくなってきたなHIROは最終的にジャニーズみたいな大組織にしたいらしいが下手くそなのにドラマ主役とかあかんやろI'll be honest, they're getting as obnoxious like how they pushed so much for the Korean Wave back then.
I think HIRO eventually wants to create a huge organization like Johnny's, but they shouldn't be playing the lead in dramas if they're all so bad at acting.
- ヤフーのコメに韓国韓国書かれてるたしかに韓国ぽいんだよね メイクとかセンスがA lot of comments on Yahoo are associating these girls with Korea.
I kind of get that their makeup and sense are similar to K-POP.
This is depressing news as I hate EXILE too
But they surprisingly seem to have some members who appeal to otakus, like Nonoka Yamaguchi
Are they the ones who'll take the place of K-POP?
- マジかよアイドル枠なんか埋まっちゃった気がするモー娘。期待してたんだがなぁ・・Seriously? It seems like the idol slots are fully occupied now, huh.
I was expecting Morning Musume to go on the show...
- 誰を売りたいのかはっきりしろ金髪かと思ってたけど、そうでもないらしいしI just hope they clarify whom they want to sell the most.
I originally thought it was the blondie, but that doesn't seem to be the case, huh.
- オレ大好きなのに少数派だな(´･ω･`)ていうかAKBとか好きでこれは嫌とか彼女出来たことないだろ？I actually love them, so I'm a part of the minority, huh
But I think the guys who like AKB and hate these girls have never had girlfriends before in their lives, right?
- 謝罪の王様の最後の方で歌ってた人たちだろ映画で宣伝すんのかと見たときはどん引きしてもうたThey're the girls who sang toward the end of Shazai no Ousama, right?
I actually got shocked and turned off since I thought they were going to promote themselves in the movie.
- ダンサーでしょ？取り柄もないちんちくりんより全然いいわThey're dancers, right?
Then they're much better than those squirts who have no value to them whatsoever.
This is all thanks to EXILE
- 歌はあれだけどダンスはちょっとそこらのアイドルとは比べられないほどキレキレだと思うわもうちょっと曲がカッコよくてもいいかなとは思う。Their singing isn't exactly good, but their dancing is much sharper than your average idols.
I would have liked it if their songs were a bit cooler.
- 正論いうぞ売れてから出ろ出てから売れること考えるな本末転倒だろI'll say something proper here.
Participate in the event after you become popular.
Don't think about getting popular after your participation.
That's defeating the purpose.
I get the feeling that the only ones who'll survive are the girls singing and the 2 or 3 dancers in front
Their CDs are actually selling well
Isn't the Kouhaku in itself already like a washed up event?
- このグループ、個人名まったくわかんないんだよなＡＫＢはピンで顔が売れているのが5～6人いるのにI really don't know the names of each member in this group.
AKB are popular individually so I know 5 or 6 members there.
- チョン出せなくなって枠余りまくりなんだろうなぁ放送時間の尺埋めないといけないしオワコンとはいえ大変だなWith no more Koreans participating, there must be an abundance in slots.
They still have to fill up the broadcasting time. The show may be done for, but they still have it tough, huh.
- 顔は全然認知されてないし剛力出してプロペラやらせた方がよかったかもねI totally can't recognize their faces. It might have been better if they just make Gouriki perform and do her propeller thing.
Shop for E-Girls-related items on CDJapan
Shop for E-Girls-related items on YESASIA