This is the 14th consecutive million-seller for AKB48, dating back to their 20th single in February of 2011 "Sakura no ki ni narou", and their 15th in total. They have broken B'z record of 13 straight singles that have sold over a million which started from "LADY NAVIGATION" (March 1991) to "REAL THING SHAKES" (May 1996).
Even in the total number of singles that have surpassed a million sales category, they have tied with B'z with a total of 15 singles, and are on the verge of taking the solo lead. Another feat achieved by AKB48 is that this is their 21st straight single, dating back from their 13th single "Iiwake Maybe" (August 2009), to debut at #1 on the first day in the daily rankings.
This song is influenced by the "group sound" that was popular in the 1960s. Released exactly 8 years from October 30, 2005 when Haruna Kojima (25) passed the "AKB48 Opening Member Auditions", this single commemorates her first time taking the center spot for a single.
Kojima comments: "When I received the mail from Akimoto-sensei that 'Kojima will be the center', I thought there must have been some mistake, or that it was spam mail or something. But I am truly happy that I was chosen to be the center for a single that has achieved such an honorable feat". Minami Takahashi (22) also gave her comments: "I felt happy and honored after hearing that we made history with 14 straight singles that sold over a million. We will keep our feet on the ground as all members will strive to do our best so that we will not put shame to this feat".
- 出てたのも知らなかったわI didn't even know that they released a single
- あー、すげーわまじ、すげーわAhh---- that's amazing
- ２ｃｈでオワコンって言葉が流行った理由がよくわかるこりゃJ=POPは完全にオワコンやわ。。。。。。Now I know the reason why the word owakon* became popular on 2ch.
J-POP is totally owakon with this.
* ("Owakon" short for "Owatta contents", meaning "finished", "washed-up", "done for", etc.)
- ヲタ以外知らないミリオン曲A million-seller song that no one other than the wotas know
- この曲名を今初めて知った、勿論、聴いたことも無いＢ’ｚのミリオン曲は曲名も聴いたこともあるものだけどなんだろうＡＫＢのこの違和感・・・This is the first time I heard the name of this song. Of course, I've never heard it yet.
At least I've heard the names of B'z songs, though...
I wonder what this feeling of awkwardness is towards AKB.
- 「何枚売れた」じゃなくて「何人が買った」のデータが欲しいI want the data for "how many people bought the single", not "how many units it sold"
- B'zのアルバム記録は抜けないだろうなｗBut I don't think they'll surpass the B'z album sales record
- さすがに恋するフォーチュンは知ってるし歌えるけど、この曲は流れてるのかも分からんなぁAt least I know "Koi suru Fortune Cookie" and I can sing it, but I can't even tell if this song is being played or not
- CDが売れなくなったこのご時世にこのシステムを成功させた秋元康は天才だしそれを頑張って体現してるAKBの子たちは偉いと思うYasushi Akimoto is a genius for succeeding with this kind of system in this day and age when CDs don't sell anymore.
And I also think that these AKB girls who work hard to embody that vision are also great.
- やべえサビすらしらないわwフォーチュンクッキーのほうは知ってるんだがなDamn, I don't even know the chorus w
"Fortune Cookie" is much more well-known, huh.
- 誰も歌えないミリオンセラーA million-seller that no one can sing
- アルバムミリオン作品数19・・・B'z12・・・Mr.Children1・・・AKB48こりゃ無理だわｗアルバム値段高いし、乱発もできないAlbums - No. of albums with over 1 million in sales
This'll be impossible w
Albums are more expensive, and they can't just release these haphazardly one after another.
- このシステム考えた秋元すげえよAkimoto's amazing for coming up with this system
- 近頃は街で音楽流さないからさっぱり分からないｗヲタさん達はまだがんばって買ってるのかMusic isn't being played around the city these days like they used to so I had no clue w
So the wota-sans are still working hard to buy all of them, huh.
- 1人10枚買ってるから実質10万くらいだよねThat's about 10 copies per wota, so it must actually be 100,000 people
- AKBの場合、嵐やEXILEと違って曲もカラオケランキング1位だしみんな知ってるのよね逆にB'zはウルトラソウルぐらいしかもう覚えてない感じIn AKB's case, they're different from Arashi and EXILE and even make it to #1 on the karaoke rankings.
Everyone knows their songs.
On the other hand, Ultra Soul's the only song I remember from B'z.
- ＣＤバブル時代に作られたインチキ記録を破ってくれて痛快だわＢｚなんてＣＤが売れない今の時代に曲出したら30万も売れねえだろI feel so satisfied that they finally broke that cheat of a record that was created in the CD bubble era.
B'z probably won't even be able to sell 300,000 in this age where CDs don't sell too much anymore.
- ジャケット5種類握手券、ランダム写真、なんかオマケ16種(笑)16種類のオマケ揃える奴とか何枚買うんだろうな5 album covers.
Handshake pass, random pictures, and 16 types of bonuses (LOL)
I wonder how many units those people who complete the 16 types will buy?
- 大きい会場借りて300人近くで握手会4日間するんだもんなあ枚数だけ売っても経費半端ないよなThey rent a huge venue and 300 people hold a handshake event for 4 days.
Even if they sell all these units, their costs must be astronomical too.
- 日本はこんなんでいいのかね？Is Japan fine like this?
- 記録には残るけど記憶には残らないミリオン曲A million-seller that will remain in the record books, but not in the memories of the people.
- AKBすげええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗｗAKB Sugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
- お前らが金落とさないからこんな事になったんだよThis is what happens because you guys aren't spending your money
- ヘビーローテーションだけは知ってる職場の飲み会でもみんなで歌ったりしてたでも他のミリオンいった歌はまーったく知らないHeavy Rotation's the only song I know.
Everyone I know even sang it during the drinking parties at work.
But I don't know their other songs that sold over millions of copies at all.
- AKBも楽して売ってるわけじゃないからなお前ら何時間も立ったままキモいおっさんと笑顔で握手できるか？CD売上枚数が人気や音楽性に比例してないからって非難される道理は無いわBut it's not like AKB has it easy when they sell these.
Can you guys stand for hours and keep shaking hands with all these gross old men while keeping a smile on your faces?
Just because CD sales is not indicative of the popularity and musicality doesn't mean that you should be hostile towards them.
- そもそもB’ｚのミリオンだってCDバブル時代だから大したもんじゃないだろThe millions sold by B'z was possible because it was in the CD bubble era so it's not a big deal
- ＣＭとかでしつこく聴かされるからサビだけは知ってるけどフルは知らないI hear these songs so persistently in commercials so I know the chorus, but I don't know how the entire song sounds like
- AKBマジですごいなミリオンなのに知らない曲がどんどん増えていくわｗAKB's seriously amazing.
These million-seller songs that I don't know of are piling up one over another. w
- 政府までAKBに肩入れしてるからなｗもう何やってもびくともしないEven AKB has the government's support. w
I won't be surprised anymore no matter what they do.
- モー娘もピークは2年くらいだったしAKBは凄すぎるよ悔しいけどまだまだ落ちる気配ないし本当にすごいわEven MoMusu's peak lasted for only 2 years. It's vexing, but AKB really is amazing.
And I don't feel them falling down any time soon, they're really amazing.
- 世間に注目されてミリオンじゃなくてミリオン取ってから世間が知るというIt's not that they sold a million because the general public paid attention to them.
The public became aware of their existence because they sold a million.
Honestly, I think AKB should already have their own separate category
- なんだかんだでここまで続くのは凄い。But whatever the case, they're still amazing for keeping it up like this.