He was chosen because of his ability to take charge, his likability, as well as his clean image. The title of the program is yet to be decided.
Kokubun has had experience in various genres such as variety shows, sports, travel, cooking, as well as educational programs.
His skills for taking charge is regarded highly, as he has won the Galaxy Award in May of 2006 (Association of Broadcast Critics). He was recognized for his contributions as a host to TV Asahi's Aura no Izumi and TBS' talk show R30.
He also has a clean image that is necessary for being the face of mornings. He has previously won the Cotton Award, an award given to distinguished personalities with pleasant images. He was also the main caster for Fuji TV's coverage of last year's London Olympics, as he has proven that he has the composure to deal with sudden occurrences.
The long running morning show Hanamaru, which has lasted for 17 years, has announced that it will end by March next year. Hanamaru became popular with all the lifestyle segments and promotions, but according to staff, the new program will be a variety informational show that is more news and entertainment-oriented.
Back in 2008 when Kokubun had regular shows on all channels, including NHK, he was asked about having a daily program from Monday to Friday. He commented back then: "I haven't thought that far, but I'll do my best".
So it'll be Inocchi vs. Kokubun, huh
He's not that good
He's much, much better than Nakai
- 若いときは出来損ないに見えたけどのし上がってきたな自分の弱さをわかってるから人当たりが良いんだろうなHe seemed like a good-for-nothing when he was still young, but he's really climbed up, huh.
He's a person who knows his weaknesses, so must really be sociable.
- 顔に性格の悪さが出てるから嫌い。目が笑ってない。I hate him because you can really tell with his face that he has a bad personality.
His eyes aren't smiling.
- スポルトから嫌いぐるナイだけやってろI've hated him since he started doing Sporto.
Just stick to Gurunai.
- 国分なら城島の方がいいだろ朝の経験も十分だしJoshima would have been the better choice instead of Kokubun.
He also has ample experience doing morning shows.
So will he finally step down from Sporto?
Kokubun's manager sure is amazing
It does feel like he hides some sort of darkness inside
If he'll be on TV from Mondays to Saturdays then what is he going to do about DASH Island?
What'll he do about Tetsuwan DASH? He can't sleepover there and shoot anymore.
- 日曜しか休み無いなら島にはほぼ来ないだろうね往復だけで終わっちゃうIf he only gets to rest on Sundays then he probably won't go to the island that much.
He'll just come and leave on the same day.
- うわーいやだ見ないけどUwaa--- no way
I'm not watching it though
- つーか同じ事務所で時間帯同じ枠で食い合ってどうすんだよアホなのかBut why is the agency even pitting 2 of their talents against one another in the same time slot?
Are they stupid?
Now I hope he doesn't get involved in figure skating anymore
- 無名のジャニが週替わりでアシスタントとかしそう無難にドラマの再放送でもすればいいのにI feel that he'll have some unknown Jani helping him out as an assistant every week.
They should've gone the safe route and just show reruns of dramas.
He's got an easy job of just asking the guests: "What do you think?"
- もうゴチ卒業してくれよクビになる可能性が最初からない奴とかいても寒いPlease graduate from Gochi already.
It's just sad when there's someone there who you know will never get the axe.
- 薬丸よりキツイな朝から油ギッシュすぎんだよコイツの鼻Mornings will be so hard to bear, more than Yakumaru.
This guy's nose is too oily.
Kokubun isn't good. I always get disappointed when he's on sports programs.
- まぁいいんじゃね薬丸は腹黒さがﾌﾟﾝﾌﾟﾝしてたからないかにも愛想いいかおしてても腹の中では馬鹿にしてる感じが国分のほうがマシだろIsn't this fine? Yakumaru always seemed so evil inside.
He always looked so amiable but he might really be making fun of the guests inside.
- Kokubun's more decent than him.
- リーダーじゃダメなのかリーダーは島常駐なのか？Isn't Leader good enough?
Is Leader always on the island?
Johnny's again? w
- ジャニ枠ウザイわ土曜のドラマや色んなバラエティジャニが出てたらすぐチャンネル変えるThese slots allotted for Johnny's talents sure are irritating.
Saturday dramas and various variety shows...
I always change channels when I see Johnny's talents on TV.
- いくらなんでもあさイチあるのに裏表でジャニ競合かよ。But there's already Asaichi.
Are these Johnny's talents just going to go at it both in public and behind the scenes?
- またコイツのゴリ押しかよマジウザいんだけどThis guy is being pushed forward again?
He's seriously irritating.
- TOKIOで一番仕切りが下手だろこいつDASHでもまともに田舎の人と話せてないのこいつだけじゃんIsn't he the worst guy in TOKIO to take charge of things?
He's the only guy in TOKIO who can't even talk properly to the countryside dwellers on DASH.
Poor Yakumaru's now teary-eyed wwwww
- 結局ジャニーズの圧力に屈したわけだ薬丸もジャニーズに残ってたら安泰だったのになあIt means that they have just succumbed to Johnny's pressure.
Yakumaru would have probably been more secure if he remained in Johnny's..
Is his salary cheaper than Yakumaru's?
- これはないわーｗNHKの圧勝だなーNo way ---w
It'll be NHK's overwhelming victory.
Are TOKIO and V6 in opposing factions within Johnny's internal war?
And he'll be hated again for this (laughs)
His eyes look dead
- こいつ未だに鍵盤のドレミもわからないんだよなwねこふんじゃったも弾けないって。This guy still doesn't know Do-re-mi on the piano, right?
I heard that he can't even play "Chopsticks".
This guy should first learn how to speak formally
- みのもんた並みに嫌われてるな国分wLooks like Kokubun is hated as much as Monta Mino, huh w
- ジャニーズ OUTジャニーズ INこの業界からジャニーズと吉本ぬいたら何も残らんなJohnny's OUT
Looks like nothing will be left from the industry once it's purged of Johnny's and Yoshimoto.
- TOKIOはピンだとなんか印象悪いんだよなリーダーもいくつか番組持たせてもらってるけどどれもうまくいかないTOKIO's got a bad image if the members are just alone by themselves.
Leader also has some programs by himself but nothing goes well.
I hate it when this guy hosts figure skating, he acts like a know-it-all, and that's why I watch it on BS.
- また「うまい」「おいしい」を言うだけの仕事かSo his job once again, is to just say "Umai" and "Oishii", huh.
* ("good" and "delicious")