Over a month since Atsuko Maeda (22) and kabuki actor Matsuya Onoe's (28) relationship was made public, people have been closely monitoring the outcome of this big couple's romance.
As both parties maintain their silence, we went to the first day of Onoe's stage play held last November 1. As we made our way into the staff entrance of the venue for the play Meijiza Juiichigatsu Hanagata Kabuki, we spotted a delicate woman wearing a white kimono, looking for him. This was his mother, Morie Kawai (57).
(Continued after the jump)
"Matsuya Mama" was also known as a shinpa actress. According to related personnel, she has been seen numerous times in the venues in order to attend to the people who come to the dressing rooms to greet her son. Matsuya Mama was initially surprised with our sudden interview, but answered our questions calmly.
(Continued after the jump)
- It also sounds to me like lip service, and that she's extremely confident that it will never happen
- What happened to the report about Maeda-san's goukon party at the karaoke?
- Shotgun marriage in 3...2...
- Looks like both parties are pretty desperate since the buzz didn't last as long as expected
- Looks like this family's relying on Maeda's earnings.
Their family isn't particularly that high up in the kabuki world, right? This spells nothing but trouble.
This girl can aim for someone much bigger, right?
- I wonder though how the people who poured in all their money for Maeda's sake feel right now.
I have never used my money for idols before so I really don't understand how those people are feeling.
I wonder if he isn't concerned that she's Takeru Sato's hand-me-down
- I actually don't see a bright future ahead of her as a talent. It might be best for her if she retires from the industry.
Her movie even got awards in Rome, but she's not gaining any momentum at all w
- Maeda should get married as soon as she can.
She's just got average talent, and her earnings will just keep on dropping from now on.
It also feels like the mom just wants to create some buzz
- あまり極端に歓迎されると「え？行って大丈夫か？」って気持ちになるよな。But if she's being welcomed as much as this, it actually gives the opposite effect and makes you feel
"Eh? Really? Can I?".
Publicity stunt: FAIL w
- 梨園の男を捕まえるなら、本家の直系の息子たちじゃないとダメだよ三田寛子や前田愛や小林麻央みたいに。いまならバツイチの中村獅童のヨメが空いてるよってか獅童もいつのまにか41歳になってたわIf she were after a man from a distinguished family in the kabuki world, then she should be going after the son who hails from a major family. Like what Hiroko Mita, Ai Maeda, and Mao Kobayashi have done.
Right now, the position of Shido Nakamura's (divorced once) wife is vacant.
But Shido's actually 41 already, huh.
- So are they living together?
- 竹内も獅童の浮気より獅童家に借金頼まれて離婚したそうだね前田さんも稼ぎあてにされてるから頑張ってねEven Takeuchi had to divorce Shido because of his affairs and his family asking her for money for their debts, right?
Even Maeda is being relied on for her earnings so she has to keep working hard.
- Looks like Maeda's totally being taken advantage of. This man will definitely have an affair.
Well, I don't really care if someone like Maeda disappears now, though.
- But Atsuko Maeda will definitely go head over heels for Takeru Sato if he just approaches her again
- Wait, they're asking the wife to work www Damn, what a pathetic son www
- Matsuya's family isn't particularly a famous one. And with a mother like this, she'll definitely be in trouble.
- こいつ前田のお陰で世にでてきたんだろ居間で鼻くそほじりながらふんぞりかえられても文句言えないだろなwBut this guy was able to put his name out there in the world thanks to Maeda.
He shouldn't be the one to complain even if she relaxes there while picking her nose w
- It'll be really tough to be the wife of a kabuki actor.
But this Matsuya guy is ugly w
- So no one's arguing about how Atsuko Maeda will be wasting her talent.
- Maybe they'll get married on Matsuya's birthday
- in January
- Atsuko Maeda seems like a studious person so isn't this fine?
- I thought she liked those gentle-looking ikemen types like Takeru Sato w
- He was on TV a while back, but it seemed like this hairy guy thinks that he's handsome, it was gross.
I think he and Atsuko Maeda look good together.
- I saw him on TV, and I don't think they're living together, but they're definitely seeing each other.
I heard that this couple's always fighting.
Aren't they concerned that the successor might also be facial-centered?
Shop for Atsuko Maeda-related items on CDJapan
Shop for Atsuko Maeda-related items on YESASIA
Buy Matsuya Onoe 2014 Calendar from CDJapan
Buy Matsuya Onoe 2014 Calendar from YESASIA