This drama will be a comedy based on the mystery novel of the same name. TAKAHIRO will be playing the role of Kyosuke Shitara, ace of the police department's criminal investigation division, a detective who has a bright future ahead of him and has a very strong sense of justice. He will however be working alongside "an inspector who can't be called an asset" (Takei), which will only worsen his standing.
The character that he will be playing is a karate expert and martial artist. TAKAHIRO himself is a black belter in karate and will put his knowledge and skills to good use for this role.
This year is TAKAHIRO's 8th year in EXILE, and last June, he also made his solo singing debut. He will be trying his hand at acting as he aims to expand his scope of activities. The production staff also comments: "We hope that TAKAHIRO-san can express himself and exhibit the sensibilities that he has been cultivating all this time".
TAKAHIRO has been concentrating on dialogue recitation as well as acting lessons in preparation for the start of their filming early next month. He has also been doing kickboxing to train his body for the role.
"There remains some unknown aspects about myself, but I want to tackle this like mad in order to express a new side of me." He also commented on his expectations of his comedy skits together with Takei: "I hope I can bring out new expressions and appeal in Takei-san".
Must be really bad at acting
He'll probably have a relationship with Takei
- 土曜9時は子供も見れる作品じゃないと無理だろ土ワイとNHKあるのに爆死するぞSaturday-9 should be something the children would want to watch, or else it'll be impossible.
Then you also have Saturday Night at the Mysteries and NHK, this one might bomb big time.
He'll definitely act like a stick
I feel the ratings will be low w
- エグとAKBは歌ってろよｗｗ侵食すんなｗｗEX and AKB should just keep singing ww
Don't encroach here as well ww
Male host roles are the only ones that suit him
Looks like we'll see ham acting far greater than MAKIDAI and AKIRA
Another ham actor, huh
- どうやらEXILEの事務所とオスカーは提携したっぽいEXILEのメンバーが出るドラマにはかなりの確率でオスカー女優がいるIt looks like EXILE's agency has formed a tie-up with Oscar.
There's a high probability that Oscar talents will be in drama with EXILE members.
So it won't be late at night? I want Haruna Kawaguchi to vindicate herself.
Might get cancelled on the 5th episode
Another monotonous actor candidate?
Doing stuff like this makes people hate EXILE
They're like the new Johnny's, it's disgusting
A drama that you already know that will flop before it even begins
- ジャニーズのドラマねじ込みも鬱陶しいがエグザイルはでるやつでるやつ大根なのにそれでもねじ込んでくるのはやめてくれ知らないやつにはただの大根のおっさんやんか！All these Johnny's talents being shoved into dramas is depressing as it is, but I hope that they also stop shoving in these EXILE talents in dramas as all of them are so bad at acting.
For people who don't know EXILE, they're just like old men who have the acting skills of a radish!
We're seriously living in an age where character actors are not necessary anymore
There's no stopping EXILE's transformation into the 2nd Johnny's
- I wonder how the other supporting actors feel after being cast in a drama with Emi Takei as the lead and TAKAHIRO as the partner
- なんでこんなに刑事ものばっかなんだ本当に需要あんの？What's up with all these detective stories?
Do people really have demands for these type of things?
- 弁護士医者刑事 どれかやっときゃ無難
Lawyer, doctor, detective. Any one of these is the safe way to go.
- しかしエグザイルに入ってれば簡単にドラマデビューできるんだなＵＳＡ主演はまだか？It seems that you can easily become the lead in a drama if you're in EXILE.
No drama yet with USA as the lead?
Please, no more dramas with EXILE and AKB
- 全ては上戸のせい。てか結婚してからわかりやすくなったなEverything is Ueto's fault.
Actually, things have become so obvious after she got married.
Why aren't they pushing for Master MAKIDAI!
A tattooed detective? Not bad.
- There was no ikemen detective in the original, though
So he'll be acting too, following the footsteps of AKIRA, huh.
It'd be great though if he wasn't an over-the-top ham actor like MAKIDAI...
- 主役がゴリ押しとか言って、相棒の脇がこれまた事務所関係て視聴率とるきがあるとは思えんが。視聴率て意味あるんThe lead actress is of the gori-oshi type, while the partner was included because of the agency connections. I don't think they want to get ratings.
Do ratings even matter still?
The original story's pretty good, though...
EXILE seems like they're trying to become the Johnny's of the Heisei era.
Someone who's never had acting experience before suddenly gets a major role. Really now, will a program like this be alright? Aren't the staff and the other co-actors feeling worried about the outcome? And this is why the veterans who are supporting them are much better.
- EXILE気持ち悪いいい歳したおっさんがアイドルみたいなことして盆踊りしてドラマにまで出てくるなんて…歌手におさまってろやEXILE's gross.
These oldies just keep dancing obon dances like idols and then appear on dramas... Just stick to your songs.
Looks like they're throwing this drama away ww
武井咲の後ろで盆踊りする役？Is he there to dance behind Takei?
I hope that EXILE just play supporting roles
I hope that EXILE just play supporting roles
Shop for EXILE-related items on CDJapan
Shop for EXILE-related items on YESASIA
Shop for Avex Group Official Collectibles on YESASIA