The drama is based on the popular manga of the same title, and Ishihara will be playing the role of Saeko Takahashi, the upper classman whom Sota Koyurugi (Jun Matsumoto) admires. Sota's approach will bear fruit as the two go steady, but she will eventually dump Sota on the day before Valentine's. Sota will attempt to win her heart again by going to France as he aims to become a chocolate specialist.
The two will be starring alongside each other again, the last being the SP for Lucky Seven at the beginning of this year.
Ishihara who has read the original comments: "It was funny, sad, and painful, I couldn't sleep for a while after reading it." "I am honored to be surrounded by such a wonderful cast as we start off 2014 with an exciting project that is engulfed by a lightly bitter aroma of chocolate".
Other co-actors who will be taking part are Asami Mizukawa (30) as an older beauty who will run the chocolate shop together with Sota; Junpei Mizobata (24) as a half-Japanese, half-French student who will become Sota's best friend when he studies abroad; Kiko Mizuhara (23) as Sota's "sefure"* (* sex friend; or fu*k buddy); and Kasumi Arimura (20) as Sota's younger sister.
Sefure w (F*ck buddy w)
- これはとんでもなくコケる予感キャストがクセありすぎｗThis feels like it will flop so hard.
The cast doesn't feel like it will appeal to everyone w
I just got from this that it will be boring
I don't watch dramas based on manga, they're too childish
The usual pictures
- Johnny's again?
And another drama based on a manga?
- 子供も観るような時間帯にセフレ設定っていいのかよ？ヌードは規制するくせにこういうのは野放しだよな。Can they really put a f*ck buddy in there during a time slot where children would watch?
TV has restrictions on nudity, but they just leave these sort of things, huh.
Asami Mizukawa will once again be playing the role of someone who'll be jealous at the heroine, right?
Asami Mizukawa should appear in Iryu 4 (´・ω・｀)
Having a food drama with that rough skin of Matsumoto will be tough
- 溝端淳平とかいう 俺推しの女優ばっかと共演する俳優うらやましす・・・Junpei Mizobata, the actor who always stars alongside these actresses I adore.
But Asami Mizukawa who was rumored with Aiba can't even get on VS Arashi that's on Fuji as well
- 何の新鮮味もない舞台設定とキャストだなテレビ局は、いつまでジャニのゴリ押しに付き合うんだろうAnother drama with a worn-out plot and cast.
When will these TV stations stop pushing for Johnny's talents?
For some reason, I get the feeling that this will get high ratings.
- 水原ってなんで女優業でこんな押されてるんだよw山本美月とか本田翼といいモデルだけやってりゃいいってのが多過ぎるWhy is Mizuhara being pushed so much as an actress w
Same with Mizuki Yamamoto and Tsubasa Honda, there's a lot of personalities who should just stick to modeling.
Is it true that Satomi Ishihara's first kiss was MatsuJun?
So if Satomi Ishihara can play the partner of these Jani-talents then she's surprisingly small, huh
The drama industry right now is basically just shuffling these same actors around.
- ヒロインとセフレの配役が…制作費どこから出たんだよｗThe ones cast for the heroine and the f*ck buddy...
Where did this production budget come from? w
- このクラスの役者でも豪華なのか終わってるな日本のドラマ界So actors of this class are already being called 'extravagant'?
Japan's drama industry is finished.
- やっぱりフジはキャストありきだからジャニを主演にするんだねｗ最近嵐に頼りっぱｗFuji's dramas are always about the cast so they always make these Janis play the lead w
They've been relying too much on Arashi lately w
You guys may be saying all these things, but you'll still watch it, right? w
Average ratings of 11%, I suppose?
Sweets (laughs) drama in this day and age
I have this feeling that Junpei Mizobata will eventually be added in Satomin's list of past men
- スケベそうな女優ばかりじゃないか俺好みだAll these actresses look like the lusty types.
- 理想的な組み合わせだお似合い脇は非個性なキャスティングでつまんないけどThis is an ideal pairing.
They look good together.
The supporting roles are all non-individualistic, though, and it's boring.
But the FB doesn't have any sexual appeal at all.
What's with this festival of Burning talents?
- 有村ちゃんジャニと撮られてたけど干されなかったんだな良かった良かったArimura was with a Jani in a picture, but she hasn't been frozen out, huh?
(Related post HERE)
Is a total printing of 1 million mangas amazing?
- 爆死ニーズ平均13.37% 安堂ロイド（キムタコ）11.38% 独身貴族（チョンナギ）*9.67% クロコーチ（長瀬）*9.08% 陰陽屋へようこそ（錦戸）*7.29% 東京バンドワゴン（亀無し）Flop-ratings Johnny's
13.37% Ando Lloyd (KimuTako)
11.38% Dokushin Kizoku (Chonnagi)
*9.68% Kurokouchi (Nagase)
*9.08% Onmyouya he youkoso (Nishikido)
*7.29% Tokyo Bandwagon (Kamenashi)
- あらすじ見る限りヒロインのキャラは面白そうだったよなんかくどい面子になったなLooking at the synopsis, the heroine's character actually looks interesting.
But the casting feels boring.
Oh no, there aren't any factors at all which would make me want to watch this
This will probably be similar to Summer Nude