How about it?
- They've been at it for 20 years so they can probably play their instruments well
- 演奏はあまり上手そうに見えないが何気に高価な機材使ってるよなThey don't really look like good players but they're using pretty expensive equipmenthttp://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20120728/07/tomocyan07/f5/9a/j/t02200243_0500055312102497860.jpg
I feel that there's a shop named Joshima Instruments out there somewhere, like in a shopping district, and it's the type that you think would go bankrupt anytime soon, but is still surviving against the odds.
- テレビでリーダーの弾くギターがコロコロ変わってるがメーカーからうちのギター使ってくれと提供があるのかなあ？女の子達からも私を試奏してとオファーが多かったりしてThe guitar leader uses seems to keep changing every now and then.Could it be that the makers are providing them with the instruments and asking them to play these on TV?Could there also be girls who approach him and say, "Will you try playing me too?"http://jmania.jp/jblog/files/2013/03/jjoushima03.jpg
- 長瀬は凄いビンテージコレクターなんだよな58年ゴールドトップやら黄金期グレッチのホワイトファルコン、50’ストラト等かなりの数持ってるNagase's a vintage collector.He has a '58 Gold Top, a Gretsch White Falcon from the golden era, a '50s Strat and many others.http://blog-imgs-18.fc2.com/t/o/m/tomomami/FreeEasy06.03-1.jpg
You guys know too much LOL
Which reminds me, the magazine BAND Yarouze featured TOKIO's equipment a long time ago
- TOKIOにしても堂本剛にしても福山雅治にしてもお前らよりは上手いよだってバックミュージシャンに教わり放題なんだから福山なんかは今剛に直接レッスン状態だろI think TOKIO, Tsuyoshi Domoto, and Masaharu Fukuyama are all better than you guys.They're being taught by their session musicians after all.Even Fukuyama's learning all he wants from Tsuyoshi Kon right now.http://img2.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/90/6f/mb_avant_garde/folder/1264391/img_1264391_26982233_1?1235392714
Studio musicians play on their records though
That's true most of the time.
That's not really surprising.
Nagase and Tsuyoshi Domoto are well known to like musical instruments
Nagase now is a guitar maniac similar to Nao Nomura
Otokogumi used to fake their playing during their early days, but they seemed to be playing towards the latter stages of their career
Faking the performances sometimes can't be helped due to the instrument maker and the program's circumstances.
That sort of art is actually older than lip-syncing
I think TOKIO is better than
MisChil's drummer, Alfee's right side and Square's keyboard player.
TOKIO have their TV shows too so their practices must be pretty tough.
It would have been nice if they solely focused on playing music.
Do TOKIO write and compose their own songs?
- そこはしないだろ アレンジとかも全部まかせなんじゃね
They probably don't. I think they let other people do their arrangements and stuff.
Nagase wrote and composed the song for that previous drama of his
The quality of Nagase's voice is too normal.
It would probably be better if he sang with a bit more emotion.
Nagase's singing is still too "Johnny's".
This is true with Tegoshi and Sakamoto too, they're just good within Johnny's but normal within the industry.
When these guys collaborate with other artists on FNS and Music Fair, they lose to the other artists in volume.
Nagase's un-bandman-like singing may be pretty valuable though since it's pretty rare.
But be it singing or playing the instruments, he started from 0 when he was with Johnny's Jr., so his rate of improvement is really amazing.
And if some rumors are to be believed, they were almost grouped with Tackey to form a dance group.
The song leader composed
I find it nice that Nagase uses formal speech when talking to the other members
They're probably better than most of the guys on these forums
Joshima's pretty good
Joshima isn't good nor bad.
But the other 4 members can actually be categorized in the "good players" column.
But if you take the length of his career (instrument-playing) into consideration, I think it can't be helped that he's called a bad player.
Nagase positions his guitar up high, just like Batayan
Regardless of their playing ability, they've been at it for 20 years already so they can probably play well to some extent
- 長瀬はジャニーズ差し引いてもロックボーカリストとして華があると思う。甲斐バンドの曲ような、７０年代のちょっとだけ演歌テイストの入った泣きのロックとか歌うと似合う。I think Nagase has this glamour of a rock vocalist going on for him, even if you ignore that he's from Johnny's.I think something similar to Kai Band would suit him, like a wail-like '70s rock music with some enka taste.http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/pics/game/g8794028.jpg
No, they're not good.
They're probably good within Johnny's, but if they weren't in Johnny's, they won't even be able to make a career out of it.
It was evident that he had this discrepancy in vocal volume with Yoshikawa when they performed on FNS Kayousai. But if you consider the fact that there are a few like him who does a lot of things and sings as a vocalist in a band then I think you can barely consider him above the passing mark.
People always tend to think that Johnny's = bad, but not all of them are as some still have the minimum required talent. But it is also a fact, even outside Johnny's, that those who aren't even suited to become pros have been getting their break.
According to what I heard, someone saw Nagase playing the guitar in an instrument shop and said that he wasn't bad, and was actually unexpectedly pretty good. What about it?
I think rock vocalists don't need to be always in tune, as long as they have this distinct individualism. But in Nagase's case, he's not even on that kind of level yet where you can call him distinct. You just can't do anything about that Johnny's style of singing from the throat and that narrow vocal range of his. Even when you compare him to other rock vocalists, I think his vocal range is low and narrow.
Marty praised Joshima
I think the only guy whom you can talk about outside the disclaimer "despite being in Johnny's" is Matsuoka. There aren't a lot of pro drummers these days too (especially the young ones). Well, Matsuoka, career-wise, can be classified in the mid-tier or above average, bur he's probably one of the worst in that tier.
They're good despite being in Johnny's
That's not related to TOKIO anymore
I don't think Kokubun can even play "Für Elise" or "Turkey March"
For me, I always associate TOKIO's Yamaguchi playing using his fingers
- TOKIOは弾けるけど関ジャニは一人も弾けないだろTOKIO can play but I don't think anyone in Kanjani canhttp://blog-imgs-15-origin.fc2.com/r/y/o/ryopocket/201105090012163e8.jpg
Kanjani8 can play, but most of them are just on the level of school presentations.
In Hey! Say! Jump, Kenichi Okamoto's son is the only one who can play.
Whatever the case, they're still this music group within Johnny's, so their real level as musicians is irrelevant. And they're even being praised by people who aren't Jani-wotas, so that makes them a huge success.
They're popular on TV as talents and are really likable, but no one's supporting them as musicians.
Even their CDs aren't selling at all. They didn't even get an album since their singles aren't selling well, right?
(Related post HERE)
They've actually never faked playing after switching to Universal Music.
That's a recording company that doesn't allow that kind of stuff.
When they were with Sony, I think Nanba-san played for them.
But they all learned from these session players who played in their place, and they've become a band who can do it by themselves.
I don't think they sing live on TV shows. They do at concerts though.
Lip-syncing and faking the playing just depends on the program's circumstances. A good example is Ikimonogakari who have never sang or played live.
- 山Pの抱いてセニョリータ事件なら歌詞はそのままだったぞ。But Yamapi's "Daite Senorita" accident's lyrics were sung as is(related post HERE)
There will be a lot of problems that occur with live playing and it's pretty troublesome, but those who don't even want to sing live on TV shouldn't even be appearing on TV.
TOKIO is the best rock band in Johnny's